+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 158
  1. #21
    Tenka Fubu ZhouyuTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,440
    Character
    Zhouyu
    Guild
    Validus
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Quote Originally Posted by ControlledEQ2 View Post
    Just as I thought. Mathematics dont apply to neo.
    the math says left side with a lucky number of refreshes still parses slightly less than right side .....i don't think you can read lol.


    To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Liavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    431
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZhouyuTheGreat View Post
    You should stop talking ......because that would be even worst. Now you are going to be wasting a refresh chance at start, leaving yourself with only 1 IPS chance to refresh Assassinate, and again in the likely situation of you not getting that refresh you will still parse significantly LESS .....but if you DO get the refresh you will parse about the same. As buffrat ran the numbers, even slightly less than right side in some cases.
    How would it be worse? How is it worse to use an ability in a scenario where you get 40% extra CB and the extra damage from attacking a mob <30%, than using it without 40% CB and >30%?

    Imo, if you're popping Assassinate without PFT on a short duration burn fight, you're a fucking idiot. End of discussion. Even if it doesn't refresh, getting the higher hits from PFT and Killing Fury will still parse maybe only slightly less than the right side.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZhouyuTheGreat View Post
    Since you are too retarded to understand this, let me ask you this question. If you could buy a lottery ticket for 5$ that you had a 20% chance to win $100 ...and you had the option to buy a 30$ ticket with a 20% chance to win$99 dollars. Which one would you choose???
    Your examples are even worse than your advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZhouyuTheGreat View Post
    Funny thing is, you morons keep talking about how great Assassinate refresh is, and you guys pick potency endline ...then turn around and drop STR line because you claim 15% boost to Assassinate is not worth it. I seriously loled reading some of that.
    Comparing a small damage boost to two CAs =/= A substantial damage boost to all of our CAs, as well as our auto attack damage via the DPS conversion, since we tend to reforge for more of it in this spec.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZhouyuTheGreat View Post
    Best Assassin spec agil/wis/sta line with right side spec. Run with 100% AoE auto as a bonus too! (which means extra EW triggers )
    No.

  3. #23
    Tenka Fubu ZhouyuTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,440
    Character
    Zhouyu
    Guild
    Validus
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Quote Originally Posted by Liavy View Post
    How would it be worse? How is it worse to use an ability in a scenario where you get 40% extra CB and the extra damage from attacking a mob <30%, than using it without 40% CB and >30%?

    Imo, if you're popping Assassinate without PFT on a short duration burn fight, you're a fucking idiot. End of discussion. Even if it doesn't refresh, getting the higher hits from PFT and Killing Fury will still parse maybe only slightly less than the right side.



    Your examples are even worse than your advice.



    Comparing a small damage boost to two CAs =/= A substantial damage boost to all of our CAs, as well as our auto attack damage via the DPS conversion, since we tend to reforge for more of it in this spec.



    No.
    You are missing the point ......i'm not sure how else to explain this to you. If you GET Assassinate refreshes you parse slightly LESS (as buffrat showed you) than right side.

    However if you DON'T get refreshes (which happens very often) you parse significantly LESS than right side spec.

    Why? because aside from the refresh chance left side offers you nothing that is superior to the right. While right side's refresh on shadowstep is one of the many features of it. Bleedout is OP (i thought it would get nerfed when it first came out) and is 100% to increase your dps, your luck to refresh shadowstep FURTHER increases your dps on top of what bleedout offers. CB > potency for Assassins.

    Why would you wanna take a gamble to parse , when you can parse the same WITHOUT taking the gamble?

    You seriously are retarded.


    To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.

  4. #24
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    My post assumed you got 3 refreshes off 15 casts. Which would be average.


    I will say that I didn't think overcap MA was better than overcap DPS. However I (and everyone else but you [and 50% of the time dav] itt) still think that the ease of IPS is > the minor dps gain of right side. This is like an argument over whether you'd take PFT or Shadow Step if you could only choose one. Everyone but you two would take PFT 100% of the time.

  5. #25
    Tenka Fubu ZhouyuTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,440
    Character
    Zhouyu
    Guild
    Validus
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Except most people forget that right side removes the stealth requirement from SA, making a concealment chain to only consist of 3 CAs. The way i do my chain is like this ambush --> SA ---> concealment --> the 3 remaining CAs ---> FFU. Even when I do take a hit or if a AE hits me in middle of concealment my auto attack or a quick CA like improvised weapon puts me right back in stealth again.

    The argument would totally stand if right side had to do a full concealment chain and stealth requirement on SA wasn't removed. Which is why I say i noticed no difference getting FFUs off with or without stealth requirement. Maybe I just don't undersatand this point because i don't mouse click anything and have all 10 of my hotbars key binded? I don't know.

    Though whatever, if people have issues getting off FFUs, then it's their problem, their choice. From a DPS point of view, right side is superior. I also can't over look the MA to CB conversion, it's much better for an Assassin than potency is.


    To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.

  6. #26
    Trafficker Rippt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,945
    Character
    Rippt(x)
    Guild
    Equilibrium
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    I like how all of you retards are sitting here arguing numbers that were derived from theoretical (and vastly incorrect/shortsighted) math which means absolutely nothing in this game as well all know.

    So you can use the right side like Zhou and parse like shit, or you can use the left side like me and every other assassin with half a brain, and parse like a boss.

    Your choice.

    edit; also, not surprised that you 'haven't noticed a difference' because you were terrible long before this AA was introduced and will remain terrible for the rest of your life.

    I'm also sorry that you think you need to have good hand eye coordination or reflexes to play an MMO.

    Because I literally sit in an easy chair with keyboard/bong in my lap and mouse on the arm and play 4 times better than you
    Last edited by Rippt; 08-17-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Ripptx :: Assassin
    Towkin :: Dirge

    Until you try to make up for a lack of skill with twice as much effort, you'll never know how much you can't do~!

  7. #27
    . mattt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    627
    Character
    Mattxx
    Guild
    Fatality (not Attx)
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    i don't know how many times I tested left vs right side, I always got more out of POT side.
    Fuck you Sony

  8. #28
    Ultimate A$$hole
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,545
    Character
    Jacck Mehoff
    Guild
    Server
    Nektulos

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    But, I don't want to use either endline. Whatever shall I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyard View Post
    will someone put a carebear in my ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
    Listen here motherfucker, I work hard everyday at being mediocre and would appreciate some compassion when me and the rest of the retards around here don't quite pull off a funny.

  9. #29
    Tenka Fubu ZhouyuTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,440
    Character
    Zhouyu
    Guild
    Validus
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rippt View Post
    I like how all of you retards are sitting here arguing numbers that were derived from theoretical (and vastly incorrect/shortsighted) math which means absolutely nothing in this game as well all know.

    So you can use the right side like Zhou and parse like shit, or you can use the left side like me and every other assassin with half a brain, and parse like a boss.

    Your choice.

    edit; also, not surprised that you 'haven't noticed a difference' because you were terrible long before this AA was introduced and will remain terrible for the rest of your life.

    I'm also sorry that you think you need to have good hand eye coordination or reflexes to play an MMO.

    Because I literally sit in an easy chair with keyboard/bong in my lap and mouse on the arm and play 4 times better than you
    thank you for your logical come back!

    Translation: I was a moron, for months argued that left side is more dps, something Zhouyu just looked at the trees and figured out within 5 minutes of AoD release. So after months I got my guildmate to run the numbers, and I was proven wrong. So now I'm gonna talk about how superior I am and start name calling!!

    Keep being a retarded Assassin who can't figure out how to chain 3 stealth attacks back to back still.


    To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.

  10. #30
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Translation: Everyone but Z is still running left side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads