+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 158
  1. #1
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Let us say you have an 8 minute fight. Let us say you deal 300,000,000 damage in 480 seconds for 625000 dps. Let us say auto attack was 100,000,000, 33% (34% above). Let us say procs/poison/whatnot were 36,000,000, 12% (~13% above). Let us say the base raid buffed stats of an assassin are 500 dps, 600 ma, 380 cb, 300 potency before either endline.

    1. Left
    +400 dps mod, for 900 (245% to 265%). Potency becomes 345.
    4 assassinates become 8 assassinates (6,000,000 becomes 12,000,000).
    Add 1 million direct assault damage (Being generous to righties here because I hear it parses more like 10k not 2k)
    Add 2,880,000 Gushing Wound.
    Add 1,400,000 Untreated Bleeding.

    Divide auto attack by 2.45, multiply by 2.65. 100,000,000 becomes 108,163,265.
    Multiply assassinate by 2. 6,000,000 becomes 12,000,000.
    Divide 170,000,000 (parse -auto attack, -procs, +old assassinate bonus) by 4, multiply by 4.45. Becomes 189,125,000.
    2,880,000 + 1,400,000 = 4280000 / 4 * 4.45 =
    189,125,000 + 108,163,265 + 36,000,000 + 1,000,000 + 4761500 = 339049765
    339049765 / 480 = 706353.67
    706353.67 - 625000 = 81353.67 gained dps on top of ease of use of IPS over Concealment.

    2. Right
    Add 300 MA (6.0 becomes 6.75). CB becomes 410.
    15 shadow steps becomes 22 (10,000,000 becomes 14,600,000).
    Add 11 million bleedout damage.

    Divide 100,000,000 by 7. 14285714. Multiply by .75. 10714285. Add to base. 110714285.
    Shadow Step, 10,000,000 becomes 14,600,000.
    Add Bleedout, 11,000,000.
    110714285 + 4,600,000 + 11,000,000 + 200,000,000- 5,000,000(non crit things) = 321314285
    Divide by 5.3. Multiply by 5.6. 339501886. Add 5,000,000 = 344501886.
    344501886 / 480 = 717712.26
    717712.26 - 625000 = 92712.26 gained dps.

    So the question is; Righties, why wouldn't you take ease of IPS over Concealment in exchange for 11k (1.5%) of your dps?

    Only 3k dps if you accept that IPS does 10k instead of 2k.
    Last edited by Gaige; 08-23-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Fixed an error Ripptfriend pointed out~

  2. #2
    Senior Member Liavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    431
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    So the question is; Righties, why wouldn't you take ease of IPS over Concealment in exchange for 11k (1.5%) of your dps?
    The major argument I hear is that Assassins that fuck up Concealment chains are just bad. Anyone who has played an Assassin for any period of time knows that this isn't true, there's too much shit that can potentially destroy Concealment (bad luck being the major factor here). Right side isn't going to make up for a lost FFU chain.

    Both specs take into account an immense amount of luck. A 20% chance to do anything is just completely aids, but the left side has the most luck mitigating potential of the two.

  3. #3
    Get the fuck outta heaaa..
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    651
    Character
    Controlled
    Guild
    Anarchy
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    IN b4 ZTG argue's mathematics and pretends that the numbers do not apply to him because he pretends as hard as he can. The ease of using IPS is clearly worth a 3k~ dps loss. Youd lose more than that if conceal got interrupted even 1 time.

  4. #4
    Ultimate A$$hole
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,545
    Character
    Jacck Mehoff
    Guild
    Server
    Nektulos

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    But ZTG never misses a concealment chain.

    Oh, and completely off the wall but. What would the numbers be if you took neither endline and instead put a point in each? Instead of a righty or a leftie, would you be ambidextrous? Jacck Ingoff with both hands?
    Last edited by Jacck; 08-17-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyard View Post
    will someone put a carebear in my ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
    Listen here motherfucker, I work hard everyday at being mediocre and would appreciate some compassion when me and the rest of the retards around here don't quite pull off a funny.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,448
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    both lines are strong and one is the clear choise for players that aren't comfortable with conceal chains.

  6. #6
    Tenka Fubu ZhouyuTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,440
    Character
    Zhouyu
    Guild
    Validus
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post

    So the question is; Righties, why wouldn't you take ease of IPS over Concealment in exchange for 11k (1.5%) of your dps?

    Only 3k dps if you accept that IPS does 10k instead of 2k.
    2 simple reasons,

    1- Ease of reforging to AE auto which for assassins is a decent stat to have.
    2- Assassinate refreshes are extremely unreliable, what you see on paper doesn't carry over to how it works in a real raid setting.

    instead of putting together bunch of numbers and guessing your way through it, you can spec right side and see the difference for yourself. I really didn't notice any ease with IPS over Concealment, I still don't know what you guys talk about. It makes no difference at all .... getting in 3 CAs while you can chain stealth for 7 seconds is seemless.

    I have actually used the left side for 4 full weeks of raiding before deciding to switch to right side. Assassinate refreshes don't happen reliably or often enough, it's not worth the risk. If the extra refreshes gave you a significant dps improvement over right side, your argument would make sense. However if you have to rely on x number of assassinate refreshes to even come close to what right side would parse just so you don't have to pay attention to be in stealth to get 3 attacks in, makes 0 sense.

    Stop being lazy imo.


    To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,448
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    the way you super parse with assassinate refresh is to pretty much cast it when ever it's up (if not close to 30%, then you wait ) and play the numbers. i had a couple fights with substantial number of refreshes and i also had fights with none. one side is reliable the other side is higher spike damage(if you use it correctly)

  8. #8
    Tenka Fubu ZhouyuTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,440
    Character
    Zhouyu
    Guild
    Validus
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    Quote Originally Posted by Davngr View Post
    the way you super parse with assassinate refresh is to pretty much cast it when ever it's up (if not close to 30%, then you wait ) and play the numbers. i had a couple fights with substantial number of refreshes and i also had fights with none. one side is reliable the other side is higher spike damage(if you use it correctly)
    Higher spike damage will only happen in very short duration fights, even then it's still head to head with right side.

    In longer duration fights even if you are having a good day with Assassinate refreshes you are still parsing slightly less than right side, if you don't get lucky ..then your parse goes to shit.


    To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,448
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    i agree

  10. #10
    Trafficker Rippt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,945
    Character
    Rippt(x)
    Guild
    Equilibrium
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default re: Prestige Points - Take the LEFT side!

    I can't wait until gaige visits eq2flames.
    Ripptx :: Assassin
    Towkin :: Dirge

    Until you try to make up for a lack of skill with twice as much effort, you'll never know how much you can't do~!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads