+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ToV Stats

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    51
    Character
    Aenigma
    Guild
    Aenigma
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default ToV Stats

    Is it just me or have Bruisers been screwed over aa/dps wise. Surely Impenetrable Will & Martial Leap aa's need swapping back so that we can get Vicious Combination in a full defensive spec. Am sitting at 103% block / 600dps / 200ma/haste and 54% Strikethrough / 7% flurry and having to go a more defensive spec to tank anything it looks like we can barely out dps healers these days without Vicious Combination. The only way to get anywhere near decent dps even with new raid gear stats is to go reckless and a full set of dps non max health gear which means we cant tank anything. Am I missing some other stat that improves our dps...

  2. #2
    Game Face
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,076
    Character
    Corydonn
    Guild
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    Nope, Betray or reroll pretty much.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    367
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    I go reckless with proc gear and what not in most raids and can compete, but will never be on the top. I can do top 3 dps in a raid but in a top top end guild that is going to be a lot lower. As for tanking, im having trouble as well on the dps side while tanking, but then I look at some of the top end monks and its definitely possible with some of the best gear out there(stat wise anyways).


    ...and hi Corydonn, long time.
    Last edited by Lizardling; 01-27-2014 at 09:34 PM.

  4. #4
    Game Face
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,076
    Character
    Corydonn
    Guild
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardling View Post
    I go reckless with proc gear and what not in most raids and can compete, but will never be on the top. I can do top 3 dps in a raid but in a top top end guild that is going to be a lot lower. As for tanking, im having trouble as well on the dps side while tanking, but then I look at some of the top end monks and its definitely possible with some of the best gear out there(stat wise anyways).


    ...and hi Corydonn, long time.
    Sup Lizardling, and yeah. Strikethrough will help on the tanking dps but also I'm pretty sure we are way more reliant on potency than just crit bonus so monks will have us there. I still see Hert competing but I still believehe's squishy as all heck. It might be more fun if stance changes weren't such a hassle.
    Last edited by Corydonn; 01-29-2014 at 08:31 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    51
    Character
    Aenigma
    Guild
    Aenigma
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    K, thanks for the input.

  6. #6
    Bored
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    88
    Character
    Gwayne
    Guild
    Precedence
    Server
    Blackburrow

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    I have a full set of mit gear with all mit/block jewelry...I no longer raid hardcore but I still sit at 12.5k mit and 93+ avoid solo. I tank all heroic instances easily (dom is rough, but doable). That being said, you are correct...you have to pick one or the other. I have a second set of gear that's the Fabled SoS junk, with all proc jewelry and I can easily do the same dps as a tier 1.5 dps. I've been top 5 dps in my guild (who raids, but I only join in occasionally) with my fabled stuff and in a full dps (see right side prestige) with no saves aa spec. It sucks but people used to bitch about figuring out what niche Bruiser's should be in...now you can pick for real.

    All that being said, has anyone else noticed a lack of Bruiser mains running around on your servers? I swear, on Everfrost there might be 2 other Bruiser's that go LFG as either a tank or dps.

  7. #7
    Game Face
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,076
    Character
    Corydonn
    Guild
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    Quote Originally Posted by Dralvin View Post
    I have a full set of mit gear with all mit/block jewelry...I no longer raid hardcore but I still sit at 12.5k mit and 93+ avoid solo. I tank all heroic instances easily (dom is rough, but doable). That being said, you are correct...you have to pick one or the other. I have a second set of gear that's the Fabled SoS junk, with all proc jewelry and I can easily do the same dps as a tier 1.5 dps. I've been top 5 dps in my guild (who raids, but I only join in occasionally) with my fabled stuff and in a full dps (see right side prestige) with no saves aa spec. It sucks but people used to bitch about figuring out what niche Bruiser's should be in...now you can pick for real.

    All that being said, has anyone else noticed a lack of Bruiser mains running around on your servers? I swear, on Everfrost there might be 2 other Bruiser's that go LFG as either a tank or dps.
    Tanking is a complete bore since you need to get rid of vicious combination and other tanks can room pull easily while we usually have to wait for cooldowns and still have trouble with AE aggro. DPS is kinda meh as well because we become squishier than a conjuror pet which is never fun, Plus all our DPS stuff for AE is so restricted in range, Not really much gain against other tanks for the skill involved in getting the max dps output.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    55
    Character
    Ampd
    Guild
    Server
    Nagafen

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    I can tank any ToV zone on my bruiser, hate no longer seems to be an issue for me anymore. It just seems every other tank class can do what we do with more ease, I have put 7+ years on my bruiser, so I do know the ins and outs of it, making it harder for others to catch on.

    The class is in much need of a buff.

  9. #9
    Game Face
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,076
    Character
    Corydonn
    Guild
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: ToV Stats

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzierDizzi View Post
    I can tank any ToV zone on my bruiser, hate no longer seems to be an issue for me anymore. It just seems every other tank class can do what we do with more ease, I have put 7+ years on my bruiser, so I do know the ins and outs of it, making it harder for others to catch on.

    The class is in much need of a buff.
    They did a really nice buff for brawler aggro in a Mid April patch, We can tank but I dno't see us tanking without a healer or doing the crazy zone pulls other tanks are capable of with an easier time as well~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads