+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    勝つのは Venser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Character
    Venser
    Guild
    Ratatouille Strike
    Server
    Fallen Gate

    Default Healers doing what to heal

    Just out of curiosity, how is everyone else casting heals and cures to raid, do you macro, click to target, or whatever else in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanolth View Post
    I finally looked through the parses again to see where I stood. Venser is a mother fucking beast. Nice work man.


    <img src=http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab216/randomonethousand/Venserdone.jpg border=0 alt= />
<img src=http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab216/randomonethousand/over9k.jpg border=0 alt= />

  2. #2
    Im a pirate!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,151
    Character
    Nonya
    Guild
    Server
    Bidness

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    Spam aoe heals. Smart healing ftmfw. And cast on target of target is also great, cuz I just target the mob and heal through it. It works for the zergfests that are rifts and invasions. Maybe as I get higher level and into actual groups (havent done a dungeon yet on guardian side healing) I will refine it better, but Im not gonan fix what aint broke atm =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SoE is similar to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elucard View Post
    They're like that crazy uncle we all have. You know, the one that buys you shit but still rapes you from time to time.

  3. #3
    All In
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    476
    Character
    NA
    Guild
    Server
    NA

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    Not raiding yet, but I put my instant cast heals on my side buttons on mouse with @mouseover macros. The real heals and CDs I use without macros. Don't even need Target of Target (though it is helpful sometimes), just watch raid frames for who's being attacked.

    It's much more effective for the big invasions as well, to the above poster, because retarded Ranger/Elementalist/Necro pets will constantly take agro for like 2 seconds and cause you to waste a lot of heals in those situations if you're healing through the mob. And spamming AoE heals is a good way to run out of mana in a HURRY. I barely ever need to touch my AoEs. In groups, single target @mouseover does the trick more efficiently 90% of the time, and in bigger content, there's almost always at least one Bard and one Chloro which can handle AoE healing much better anyway.

  4. #4
    Im a pirate!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,151
    Character
    Nonya
    Guild
    Server
    Bidness

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    I rarely run out of mana except for the longer epic boss fight, and thats only cuz he has a fuck ton of hp. I also dont use my mouse often, so mouseover shit wont work for me =p Just use it to click my target, and most raids ive been in have at least one healer in each group, so I just use f keys to target group members if I need to focus heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SoE is similar to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elucard View Post
    They're like that crazy uncle we all have. You know, the one that buys you shit but still rapes you from time to time.

  5. #5
    Im Famous (at least in FoB)
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,890
    Character
    Chapel
    Guild
    Server
    BlackBurrow

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    Quote Originally Posted by Zianlo View Post
    I rarely run out of mana except for the longer epic boss fight, and thats only cuz he has a fuck ton of hp. I also dont use my mouse often, so mouseover shit wont work for me =p Just use it to click my target, and most raids ive been in have at least one healer in each group, so I just use f keys to target group members if I need to focus heal.

    /boggle

    like 3 or 4 aoe heals and your OOP wearing all purple at level 50...less you mean aoe warden HoTs, but those are NOT effective grp heals, and your tank will go splat with spike damage.

    In fact on real fights, the aoe heals are borderline useless
    Quote: -Massive -

    - Well dinosaurs are still extinct, and this pastry is twice as big as that one.... if dinosaurs being extinct has nothing to do with pastry prices, how is it that this pastry is twice as expensive as that one?!?!

  6. #6
    Im Famous (at least in FoB)
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,890
    Character
    Chapel
    Guild
    Server
    BlackBurrow

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    Cures are imperative in many fights, and currently healing raid mechanics leave a lot to be desired.

    Heres my current beef with raid/expert healing:

    1. Cures on a GC, its annoying because essentially it means cures take 3seconds to cast. Thats a lot of time to take away from healing, esp for non HoT healing classes.

    2. Aoe heals "usually" heal your target and the closest 5 -10 raid members around him and pets eat a heal...so its very difficult to use them well.

    3. Aoe heals drain your power with a quickness making them virtually useless honestly, unless some power regen items/spells make it in game.
    * I prefer EQ2s "grpheals" and "singletarget heal" mechanics better

    4. If your guild is unorganized you will discover insane stacking issues with buffs, heals, dots etc. etc. Raiding will require serious organization on a raid leaders part.

    I have limited experience so far in raiding and experts but those are the glaring issues Ive come across.
    Quote: -Massive -

    - Well dinosaurs are still extinct, and this pastry is twice as big as that one.... if dinosaurs being extinct has nothing to do with pastry prices, how is it that this pastry is twice as expensive as that one?!?!

  7. #7
    Im a pirate!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,151
    Character
    Nonya
    Guild
    Server
    Bidness

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    /boggle

    like 3 or 4 aoe heals and your OOP wearing all purple at level 50...less you mean aoe warden HoTs, but those are NOT effective grp heals, and your tank will go splat with spike damage.

    In fact on real fights, the aoe heals are borderline useless
    I did say I hadnt done any instances as a healer and was just pug'ing rifts and invasions. I never went oom unless I was at the fight for the epic bosses, and Ive only done those 4 or 5 times. However, read further =P

    Just did my first rotf a few mins ago. I am warden spec'd (with a splash in purifier and druid), because I did play a warden in EQ2 and the healing of warden in rift is similar to that of eq2 warden with the HoTs. Plus, they have the only enduring breathe spell that lasts more than 3 seconds excluding potions. =P I am lvl 21, so that may or may not have a difference in mana useage. I used 5 mana pots total in the instance, and 3 of those were the 147 refills. The other 2 were one level higher I think at 400ish refill.

    I stacked my stream spell to 4 and had it on almost constantly to avoid restacking all 4 at once. The 3 orb reactive heal was pretty cool, 200 hp refilled per hit. I started out saving that for when the tank got down to 50% or so, however, he wasnt pulling massive groups of mobs at once, since it was 4 of 5 peoples first time in there. The pull rate may have something to do with my mana regen being ok as well. It wasnt slow, but it wasnt like when you cleared instances in 10 mins or less clearing rooms in one pull in EQ2.

    I do let the tank take hits down to about 75-80% before I start healing. That prevents overhealing with my hots most the time. I did not spam my aoe heals as I would during a rift or invasion because the damage the party took compared to the tank was minimal and spam aoes were not needed. As a side note, only two people had a pet, and that was myself and the necro. I did need to switch targets to heal the scout who took agro one time, but that was a fluke =P

    I do have questions about the focus targeting system though. I have not tried to use it or see how it works, but what Ive heard is it works like this right?? :
    I set a focus target. If i set the focus cast key as say ctrl, and I cast a spell pressing ctrl + number, it casts the spell on the focus target instead of my current regular target, right?

    Also, with cures, I did not cure anyone except myself or the tank in the instance. It may be inconsequential atm at this level, so things may change as I level more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SoE is similar to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elucard View Post
    They're like that crazy uncle we all have. You know, the one that buys you shit but still rapes you from time to time.

  8. #8
    勝つのは Venser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Character
    Venser
    Guild
    Ratatouille Strike
    Server
    Fallen Gate

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    from what I've seen so far:
    Warden is a great class, but has a lot of flaws in Expert dungeons w/o support, still flawed and not the best choice. I loved playing the Warden / Sentinal leveling to 50 in groups, it was perfect for topping people off w/o needing to even try.

    i have a set of macros on my hotbar for my group with cast Healing Spray for a spot heal thing to not waste my time with clicking their name, clicking the heal, clicking back to tank healing again. i used to have a cast heal macro on the tank, but i took it off, was a dumb idea on my part i found out quickly lol...

    once i hit 50, everything about healing changed. i played with pretty much every spec possible in Expert dungeons, finding the Warden to be the weakest because of the spike damage. tried full Purifier, but felt like i was missing utilities from other classes and slowed my healing too much not being able to keep up with dropping HP.

    i now have my raid healing spec, and secondary raid heal spec, which is the one i use in dungeons. my first raid healing spec is for spot healing, so 51 Warden 15 Sentinal. my secondary one is more main healing / dungeon healing which is 34 Purifier / 32 Sentinal. works great in dungeons.

    running OOP as Warden spec is a given when playing the class, but that's why you coordinate with other Warden spec healers to use AE heals and not to use them, to save power overall. so even as a spot healer you can be a focus MT or OT healing and grab an AE save heal if really needed.

    as far as targeting in raid, i set my macros to specifically target MT, OT, and main healers in each groups. and for curing, it's a bitch for sure, but not too terrible. being a Purifier / Sentinal i can cure anything and everything at once pretty quick. toss a ward on the mt and then let the cure fest begin on some fights. curing EVERYONE of EVERYTHING is very much so a necessity. most things we can cure involve stunning (stifle) or DOTing them. if your DPS is stifled, the mob goes down slower, you run out of mana sooner... etc etc.

    sometimes i target manually through the window when im flustering to heal other people because of accidental aggro steals or w/e. but generally in groups i have macros for each person, and in raids prioritized as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanolth View Post
    I finally looked through the parses again to see where I stood. Venser is a mother fucking beast. Nice work man.


    <img src=http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab216/randomonethousand/Venserdone.jpg border=0 alt= />
<img src=http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab216/randomonethousand/over9k.jpg border=0 alt= />

  9. #9
    Im a pirate!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,151
    Character
    Nonya
    Guild
    Server
    Bidness

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    Nifty, Ill steal some of those ideas =P I dont plan on playing Rift past anything casual. Im refuse to get back into the raiding mindset of the game tbh. Instead of raiding scrub, its now casual scrub for me. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SoE is similar to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elucard View Post
    They're like that crazy uncle we all have. You know, the one that buys you shit but still rapes you from time to time.

  10. #10
    Im Famous (at least in FoB)
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,890
    Character
    Chapel
    Guild
    Server
    BlackBurrow

    Default Re: Healers doing what to heal

    Quote Originally Posted by Venser View Post
    from what I've seen so far:
    Warden is a great class, but has a lot of flaws in Expert dungeons w/o support, still flawed and not the best choice. I loved playing the Warden / Sentinal leveling to 50 in groups, it was perfect for topping people off w/o needing to even try.

    i have a set of macros on my hotbar for my group with cast Healing Spray for a spot heal thing to not waste my time with clicking their name, clicking the heal, clicking back to tank healing again. i used to have a cast heal macro on the tank, but i took it off, was a dumb idea on my part i found out quickly lol...

    once i hit 50, everything about healing changed. i played with pretty much every spec possible in Expert dungeons, finding the Warden to be the weakest because of the spike damage. tried full Purifier, but felt like i was missing utilities from other classes and slowed my healing too much not being able to keep up with dropping HP.

    i now have my raid healing spec, and secondary raid heal spec, which is the one i use in dungeons. my first raid healing spec is for spot healing, so 51 Warden 15 Sentinal. my secondary one is more main healing / dungeon healing which is 34 Purifier / 32 Sentinal. works great in dungeons.

    running OOP as Warden spec is a given when playing the class, but that's why you coordinate with other Warden spec healers to use AE heals and not to use them, to save power overall. so even as a spot healer you can be a focus MT or OT healing and grab an AE save heal if really needed.

    as far as targeting in raid, i set my macros to specifically target MT, OT, and main healers in each groups. and for curing, it's a bitch for sure, but not too terrible. being a Purifier / Sentinal i can cure anything and everything at once pretty quick. toss a ward on the mt and then let the cure fest begin on some fights. curing EVERYONE of EVERYTHING is very much so a necessity. most things we can cure involve stunning (stifle) or DOTing them. if your DPS is stifled, the mob goes down slower, you run out of mana sooner... etc etc.

    sometimes i target manually through the window when im flustering to heal other people because of accidental aggro steals or w/e. but generally in groups i have macros for each person, and in raids prioritized as needed.

    Similiar to what I found the best at 50 so far, I been running 46purifier (for the second ward) and 20 sent as solo healer and if I have a cloro or bard in grp I will switch to a sent 51 ward 15.

    They need to tune A LOT of things in raids for healing to make sense...
    Quote: -Massive -

    - Well dinosaurs are still extinct, and this pastry is twice as big as that one.... if dinosaurs being extinct has nothing to do with pastry prices, how is it that this pastry is twice as expensive as that one?!?!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads