+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Coercer AA Insight Requested

    Hello everyone;

    I have been attuned to playing scouts and "monks" for the majority of my MMO experiences, and very rarely veer off to playing mages-- LET ALONE a utility class instead of pure DPS. The enchanter is a new beast entirely and the only form of first-hand help and knowledge I have is from my friend Valaar, who happens to be an ILLUSIONIST. My main purpose for this is to not only do what coercers do and feed the friendlies power.... but I also want to have as much BANG as I can in terms of DPS along with it.

    From the majority of specs I've looked at, everyone's got points here and there and everywhere and there are very few builds that have the same set of primary point usage.... So, basically, I would like to get any insights or any form of constructive criticisms for my Coercer AA specializations.

    NOTE: Screw spell auto-attack. I would rather throw in a symbol place-holder than deal with a wand. Thus the points sparkled into the strength line, but obviously ignoring the endline ability. Fail-blade.

    P.S. Noob can't figure out how to post the images, so please bear with beetny please o3o

    Everquest 2 AA Calculator

    I
    appreciate any and all assistance. Thank you

  2. #2
    Guild Leader
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    126
    Character
    Sanji
    Guild
    Boogie Knights
    Server
    Thurgadin

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    Go Flurry not double cast (or cast speed over 100%) because Coercer's don't benefit from Double cast that much
    I hope you finished your epic, because then 90% reuse do it for the most of the spells (Epic buff has 10% Spell reuse but it doesn't show in the ui)
    I played around with my specc quite some as well and i would change the following:

    Enchanter
    Counter Blade deals quite nice damage

    Go Wis line instead of AGI
    2-10-10-1-8 helps the healers in the group and gives you a AOE immunty

    Coercer
    Mana ward is hardly usefull, i never casted it so i got rid of it
    Missing the increase on Peacefull Link, nice to have
    missing the critbonus effect on Peacefull Link, must have

    Shadow
    boost in arcane mitigation is pointless, you never should cast that spell anway
    go for runic protection instead, the more hp the better

    heroic
    get rid of ability mob and go for Enchanted Vigor (keep trauma) and cast it on your self (free pot and dps)

    dragon
    first line 0 ok
    second line first one nice for more HP
    third line 1-10 ok rest not that insane tbh
    forth line 10 - 10 ok rest not that insane tbh

    Rather spend the points in Obli Phsyche for higher debuffs and other things to get more HP

    Sanji, 100 Coercer, Ex-Guildleader of Unity and raiding with MASH Alliance
    Chillispike, 100 SK, a Boogie Godfather (a Guildleader) of Boogie Knights
    Admin at eq2.wikia

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    17
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    Go Flurry not double cast (or cast speed over 100%) because Coercer's don't benefit from Double cast that much
    I hope you finished your epic, because then 90% reuse do it for the most of the spells (Epic buff has 10% Spell reuse but it doesn't show in the ui)
    I played around with my specc quite some as well and i would change the following: Obviously you didn't play around with your spec enough. DC for a coercer in AoM is a MUST. Unda Arcanus Spiritus hits harder than anything else in your inventory. Including timing your auto attack. Unda benefits from DC. The more DC you have the more Unda hits.

    Enchanter
    Counter Blade deals quite nice damage This is a joke right? While counter comes up every 6 secs you have to stay inside 10m which means yes its great for your second hardest hitting spell shock wave, but you just dropped almost a mil dps because you aren't at a sweet spot of 20meters for unda. So, get rid of counterblade pts and put them in somewhere else, joust in for shockwave, and then move back to 20m for every other spell and combat art we have and watch your dps soar.

    Go Wis line instead of AGI
    2-10-10-1-8 helps the healers in the group and gives you a AOE immunty I had to wait til I stopped laughing before I could reply to this one. First off, are you even reading a coercer wisdom tree? It's the stamina line that has the healer benefit. The wisdom line is for increasing mitigation of your resists, increasing your stats of subjugation, etc..., and giving a short mezz if it hits to a target that hits you. If a raid mob or boss mob hit you chances are you're dead!!!! Now, if you were just mistaken and that you went the stamina line, then 1) do your healers a favor and increase your dps so they don't have to heal as much as they are with you in group. The higher your dps the faster the mobs die the less they have to heal. Also, in that stamina line, it's main benefit is for your tank to hold aggro. If you have mastered out or grandmastered enraging demeanor then your tank doesn't have a problem holding aggro unless they are just face rolling the keyboard.

    Coercer
    Mana ward is hardly usefull, i never casted it so i got rid of it
    Missing the increase on Peacefull Link, nice to have
    missing the critbonus effect on Peacefull Link, must have Well at least we agree on this one.

    Shadow
    boost in arcane mitigation is pointless, you never should cast that spell anway Do you even read your spellbook? Just about every single spell we cast is mental damage. mental damage aka arcane damage is definitely something you want to mitigate on your target. The greater the mitigation the harder your spells hit. So when Tashiana is up, cast it. Obliterated pyche has min and a half duration so you should only cast it one time during heroic fights, and when up when doing longer fights over the min and a half. Asylum is not just a debuff on mobs but also a hard hitting spell. Why does it hit hard? Because it helps to benefit your PE pet as well. So, it hits harder so your dps goes up as well. When Tash is not up, Asylum will be.
    go for runic protection instead, the more hp the better In this xpac (AoM) it's not about hp for mages. It's all about mitigation and resist. Most of the damage is either going to be arcane, elemental, or noxious. Increasing your hp won't do diddly squat if the mob turns to you and smacks you around. WE CANNOT TAKE A MELEE HIT, regardless of your hp.

    heroic
    get rid of ability mob and go for Enchanted Vigor (keep trauma) and cast it on your self (free pot and dps) Well here we do agree.

    dragon
    first line 0 ok
    second line first one nice for more HP you are not a tank, the small increase in hp will come from better gear. do more dps and you wont need the boost in hp as the mobs die faster.
    third line 1-10 ok rest not that insane tbh the huge boost you get from 10pts in arcane bewilderment is phenomenal. 100% boost to damage. This spell hits for 70k every single time it goes off for me and i'm still in crap gear compared to other coers. Plus now you reduce arcane bewilderment being resisted by another 10%. Hello MacFly, more arcane mitigation there even if it is only for this one spell. Plus your end ability increases your potency by 25% of your base potency. We're casters which mean potency is key to us. Also, the doublecast increase is a must have for unda.
    forth line 10 - 10 ok rest not that insane tbh first off, the end line ability here is a must have. It adds 2 ticks to ALL damage over time abilities we have. It doesn't only when upbeat tempo and time compression is active. Upbeat is from a troub and TC is from an Illy. ok you are a maintank player on a coercer. your tank needs you not just for mana regen which is greater for the group than an illy, but also for hate transfer which illy's do have, and for your melee buffs to the melee classes in your group. You are a melee buffer not a caster buffer. So, therefore you wouldn't have a troub in your raid group. You would have a dirge. Therefore, ancient fury will always add two ticks to your dots. (hostage, spell curse, and despotic mind. All of which are huge dps for us and more so now that we add two more ticks to them.) Resist Break, ability above Ancient Fury is also a biggie for us. It adds 1% arcane damage to target. again we mostly cast arcane/mental damage. so now you just added more dps here.

    Rather spend the points in Obli Phsyche for higher debuffs and other things to get more HP
    While putting pts in obliterated pysche is good, getting more hp at the expense of your dps is not. Your healers are probably just tired of your weak dps and mobs going down slow so they are falling asleep and don't want to heal you anymore.


    At the time of writing this reply, both our gear was about the same. Couple of pieces of raid gear, rest heroic gear. The reason I point this out is in raids, i'm hitting 9mil. I guarantee with your flurry and melee spec you aren't anywhere close to this. Yes I can guarantee it because after reading your reply I set up your exact spec and hit the training dummy. In your spec, swapping out my double cast gear for flurry and such I could only hit 575k on the parse with dummy. In my spec I hit 2.2 mil. On both I timed my auto attacks and cast temporal mimicry on myself. Yes, i'll live longer against that training dummy, /end sarcasm, but in my spec the dummy died in 36secs. In yours the dummy took a little over 3 mins to die.

    I'm not saying that I'm the best coercer out there. I'm far from being the best. But, I have spent countless hours hitting the training dummy, testing different specs, trying different things, reading the forums, and talking to other coercers that are considered great just to try and etch a toon that is wanted by not only groups but raids as well.

  4. #4
    Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    75
    Character
    Awesomoe
    Guild
    Server
    Antonia_Bayle

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    While putting pts in obliterated pysche is good, getting more hp at the expense of your dps is not. Your healers are probably just tired of your weak dps and mobs going down slow so they are falling asleep and don't want to heal you anymore.


    At the time of writing this reply, both our gear was about the same. Couple of pieces of raid gear, rest heroic gear. The reason I point this out is in raids, i'm hitting 9mil. I guarantee with your flurry and melee spec you aren't anywhere close to this. Yes I can guarantee it because after reading your reply I set up your exact spec and hit the training dummy. In your spec, swapping out my double cast gear for flurry and such I could only hit 575k on the parse with dummy. In my spec I hit 2.2 mil. On both I timed my auto attacks and cast temporal mimicry on myself. Yes, i'll live longer against that training dummy, /end sarcasm, but in my spec the dummy died in 36secs. In yours the dummy took a little over 3 mins to die.

    I'm not saying that I'm the best coercer out there. I'm far from being the best. But, I have spent countless hours hitting the training dummy, testing different specs, trying different things, reading the forums, and talking to other coercers that are considered great just to try and etch a toon that is wanted by not only groups but raids as well.
    I will point out 2 extremely major flaws in your post. First one will of course have to be thinking that "Hostage, Spell Curse and Despotic Mind" are modified by Ancient Fury. These spells are not Damage Over Time abilities. They are increased by AA's and Class Focus only. A Coercer that actually knows the class has known this since double cast was introduced into EQ2.

    Secondly, I will pick the training dummy comparison. How the hell did you hit an epic training dummy for only 575k???? Did you lag out for 2 minutes of the fight? Did you forget to cast any actual spells? If you indeed did beat down an epic training dummy in 36 seconds your parse would be closer to 7-8 million....not 2.2 million. If you meant 1 minute 56 seconds for that 2.2 million parse that would be about right I think.... If you are going to be an asshole you should probably make sure you know what you are talking about first.

  5. #5
    You aint first your last
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    69
    Character
    Mrmacky
    Guild
    Most interesting man
    Server
    Guk :*(

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    Hey awesomoe .... you want a soddddaaa? ;p

  6. #6
    Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    75
    Character
    Awesomoe
    Guild
    Server
    Antonia_Bayle

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    a sodaaaaa pop??

  7. #7
    You aint first your last
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    69
    Character
    Mrmacky
    Guild
    Most interesting man
    Server
    Guk :*(

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    yus

  8. #8
    Guild Leader
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    126
    Character
    Sanji
    Guild
    Boogie Knights
    Server
    Thurgadin

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    Go Flurry not double cast (or cast speed over 100%) because Coercer's don't benefit from Double cast that much
    I hope you finished your epic, because then 90% reuse do it for the most of the spells (Epic buff has 10% Spell reuse but it doesn't show in the ui)
    I played around with my specc quite some as well and i would change the following: Obviously you didn't play around with your spec enough. DC for a coercer in AoM is a MUST. Unda Arcanus Spiritus hits harder than anything else in your inventory. Including timing your auto attack. Unda benefits from DC. The more DC you have the more Unda hits.
    I doubt that since i stay at 9m all the time and my Melee autoattack is 25% of my DPS. Standing at 20m means i boost 1 spell which inceases your dps minor. Yes it does boost it but for kinda nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    Enchanter
    Counter Blade deals quite nice damage This is a joke right? While counter comes up every 6 secs you have to stay inside 10m which means yes its great for your second hardest hitting spell shock wave, but you just dropped almost a mil dps because you aren't at a sweet spot of 20meters for unda. So, get rid of counterblade pts and put them in somewhere else, joust in for shockwave, and then move back to 20m for every other spell and combat art we have and watch your dps soar.
    You're not staying in 10m Range i do. Shockwave yeah it is maybe the second hardest hit, but his long cast time makes it near pointless for Single mobs. there for Counter Blade deal nice damage on a short cast time.

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    Shadow
    boost in arcane mitigation is pointless, you never should cast that spell anway Do you even read your spellbook? Just about every single spell we cast is mental damage. mental damage aka arcane damage is definitely something you want to mitigate on your target. The greater the mitigation the harder your spells hit. So when Tashiana is up, cast it. Obliterated pyche has min and a half duration so you should only cast it one time during heroic fights, and when up when doing longer fights over the min and a half. Asylum is not just a debuff on mobs but also a hard hitting spell. Why does it hit hard? Because it helps to benefit your PE pet as well. So, it hits harder so your dps goes up as well. When Tash is not up, Asylum will be.
    You mean debuff, i meaned Mitigation buff for group. So what was your point again?

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    go for runic protection instead, the more hp the better In this xpac (AoM) it's not about hp for mages. It's all about mitigation and resist. Most of the damage is either going to be arcane, elemental, or noxious. Increasing your hp won't do diddly squat if the mob turns to you and smacks you around. WE CANNOT TAKE A MELEE HIT, regardless of your hp.
    That's why the Tank is allways in front, but yeah some mobs deal constant Melee damage like the Nameds in Blidgewater, since we can't get our Mitigation up as high as others we kinda "need" more HP to compensate. Not Necro like but still if you have any points left go for that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    dragon
    first line 0 ok
    second line first one nice for more HP you are not a tank, the small increase in hp will come from better gear. do more dps and you wont need the boost in hp as the mobs die faster.
    so still if you trouble surviving AOE's in Raid go for HP, till your gear catches up

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    third line 1-10 ok rest not that insane tbh the huge boost you get from 10pts in arcane bewilderment is phenomenal. 100% boost to damage. This spell hits for 70k every single time it goes off for me and i'm still in crap gear compared to other coers. Plus now you reduce arcane bewilderment being resisted by another 10%. Hello MacFly, more arcane mitigation there even if it is only for this one spell. Plus your end ability increases your potency by 25% of your base potency. We're casters which mean potency is key to us. Also, the doublecast increase is a must have for unda.
    If you debuffed the Mob enough the resistant chance get's meaning less, since it's just the chance to land it on the mob and has nothing todo with damage. A small incrase on the Damage is nice .. depending how often you use that spell.
    Yes the end ability increases your potency by 25%, but only for 10 seconds which is nothing considering the 1min recast. so you can what 4 to 5 spells in. it is a nice ability but hardly Coercers don't spike that hard to benefit fully from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by morprulz View Post
    forth line 10 - 10 ok rest not that insane tbh first off, the end line ability here is a must have. It adds 2 ticks to ALL damage over time abilities we have. It doesn't only when upbeat tempo and time compression is active. Upbeat is from a troub and TC is from an Illy. ok you are a maintank player on a coercer. your tank needs you not just for mana regen which is greater for the group than an illy, but also for hate transfer which illy's do have, and for your melee buffs to the melee classes in your group. You are a melee buffer not a caster buffer. So, therefore you wouldn't have a troub in your raid group. You would have a dirge. Therefore, ancient fury will always add two ticks to your dots. (hostage, spell curse, and despotic mind. All of which are huge dps for us and more so now that we add two more ticks to them.) Resist Break, ability above Ancient Fury is also a biggie for us. It adds 1% arcane damage to target. again we mostly cast arcane/mental damage. so now you just added more dps here.
    Wow you really get 11 triggers on Hostage, with the end ability? because the 2 triggers come from the thrid line double cast one.
    I'll give it a try maybe, but i guess the triggers stay at 9. Normaly such effects are for Dots and not for reactives and tbh we are not dot heavy.
    Resist break: It sounded nice, but it hardly procs somewhat usefull on longer fights but i used the points somewhere else. not saying it's pointless

    Sanji, 100 Coercer, Ex-Guildleader of Unity and raiding with MASH Alliance
    Chillispike, 100 SK, a Boogie Godfather (a Guildleader) of Boogie Knights
    Admin at eq2.wikia

  9. #9
    Guild Leader
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    126
    Character
    Sanji
    Guild
    Boogie Knights
    Server
    Thurgadin

    Default Re: Coercer AA Insight Requested

    Quote Originally Posted by Dareach View Post
    I will point out 2 extremely major flaws in your post. First one will of course have to be thinking that "Hostage, Spell Curse and Despotic Mind" are modified by Ancient Fury. These spells are not Damage Over Time abilities. They are increased by AA's and Class Focus only. A Coercer that actually knows the class has known this since double cast was introduced into EQ2.
    sry i readed this one afterwards. Guessed right then, and yeah doublecast is mostly meh

    Quote Originally Posted by Dareach View Post
    Secondly, I will pick the training dummy comparison. How the hell did you hit an epic training dummy for only 575k???? Did you lag out for 2 minutes of the fight? Did you forget to cast any actual spells? If you indeed did beat down an epic training dummy in 36 seconds your parse would be closer to 7-8 million....not 2.2 million. If you meant 1 minute 56 seconds for that 2.2 million parse that would be about right I think.... If you are going to be an asshole you should probably make sure you know what you are talking about first.
    Ok i did wonder about the numbers lol, but wanted to check em first.

    Sanji, 100 Coercer, Ex-Guildleader of Unity and raiding with MASH Alliance
    Chillispike, 100 SK, a Boogie Godfather (a Guildleader) of Boogie Knights
    Admin at eq2.wikia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads