+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 150 of 150

Thread: OMG rumors...

  1. #141
    :3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,513
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    About Choker/Dark Orb of the Mind/etc, SOE had not decided if the rating system was going to affect them or not.

  2. #142
    Stabbing faces since 2004 Gash.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    441
    Character
    Gash
    Guild
    Death BeforeDishonor
    Server
    Butcherblock

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    I completely understand the need to raise the ceiling so to speak on things like crit%. There needs to be clear room to improve. I also think it would be great to have a standardized way of doing this so they dont have to redo shit everytime a new xpac comes out.

    They need to make shit like crit, da, etc work the way +pierce, +subj, etc works imo. There is no problem currently (that i'm aware of) with these skills when new xpacs come out.

    -It is a base number, not a percent so there's no worry about a natural cap like 100%.
    -The benefit of the stat is vs. a certain level mob so it doesnt matter what lvl you are, just what lvl mob you're fighting (which makes sense).
    -Your cap goes up with your level, but proportionately to the amount necessary to be effective agains even-con mobs. You DONT get weaker... your enemy just gets stronger and you need to raise the stat to compensate.

    This means no need to nerf low lvl gear. If the EF charm gives +5 crit which = 2% crit vs. a lvl 50 mob but 0.2% crit vs. a lvl 84 mob then im gonna find me a T8 item. Yeah, you'll be at 100% crit, etc against lowbie mobs but who cares we're godlike against gray mobs already anyway.

    I just dont like the idea of my gear getting shittier just because i level up. In RL that would be like little girl using a dull sword better than a samurai just because the sword is "below his level". If anything a more skilled person should be able to do more with less.

    This is kinda what it sounds like they're doing but it just seems like they're doing it in a way more complicated way than necessary. They need to keep it simple, and keep it all standardized.

    -Gash
    http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee383/Gash_theassassin/Gash12.png

  3. #143
    DPS not included.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    318
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by firamas View Post
    Actually, I believe it was the exact opposite. It was supposed to NOT touch those % based items; instead, it was going to allow items with integer-value buffs (or debuffs) to scale based on how far below your current level the item or spell was. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    The claymore item was affected before they removed the revamp. They were still deciding on the orb and choker, hence the caps on maybe. Regardless it would have only affected a few items, so IMO it was a huge coding change that would affect a handfull of items, all while introducing a ton of bugs.

    Once again they put valuable man hours into something completly pointless.

  4. #144
    make war, not love firamas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,427
    Character
    floating in
    Guild
    Server
    the digital aether

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gash. View Post
    I completely understand the need to raise the ceiling so to speak on things like crit%. There needs to be clear room to improve. I also think it would be great to have a standardized way of doing this so they dont have to redo shit everytime a new xpac comes out.
    You have it all bass-ackwards. The problem is that WE ARE ALREADY AT THE CEILING -- AT 100%. Actual values need to go DOWN. I for one think the item transition from EOF->ROK was absolutely ridiculous. People went from having a realistic amount (20, 30, 50%) of crit or DA up to nearly 100% in the matter of a few weeks/months of gearing out. That's not the way to do itemization.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gash. View Post
    This means no need to nerf low lvl gear.
    Wrong. That's exactly what this means, and what we need.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gash. View Post
    I just dont like the idea of my gear getting shittier just because i level up.
    You should like that idea. Because the alternative leads us down an ugly path of itemization issues that are even harder to handle.

  5. #145
    DPS not included.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    318
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by firamas View Post
    itemization issues that are even harder to handle.
    Can't wait to get my lazer goggles.

  6. #146
    Lite Combat Tracker Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    507
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by razieh View Post
    I said that shit back in KOS GTFO son, either way whats your point? A lot of people have said this it doesn't really make you special or anything.
    Oh Razieh... I'm flattered that you care =D

  7. #147
    راضیه
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,999
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzul View Post
    Oh Razieh... I'm flattered that you care =D
    ^_^
    J'avance plus vite que la musique!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dants View Post
    How come when I type /mvp in game after we kill a raid mob it always displays razieh?

  8. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    31
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    REPLACING:
    To downgrade items because they are 70 and not 80 or 80 and not 90 is silly. If a piece of gear needs to be replaced it certainly should not be because of the level of the item, but because something better replaces it. Bad itemization can't be and shouldn't be fixed by lessening the quality of already obtained gear. That gear represents effort and replacing it should mean you have found something that is better..not just "higher" level. If an old piece of gear is still the best, then here is a hint: simply create a current tier improvement even if it is a slight one. ROK saw lots of blehness on itemization for some classes and people were stuck wearing quest gear most of the expansion and even then downgrading that specific item for a vp set bonus rofl. Mixing bad itemization, i.e. no good loot to be found with the stuff from last tier you are stuck with getting down graded sounds like a bad idea. If all the loot is upgraded from the old tier equipment, there is no need for this change, if not this change just makes any bad itemization a lot more annoying.

    CAPPING:
    If the devs feel there is and abundance of double attack/crit/haste etc, add a damage proc that equals more overall damage in the same slot but drop the previous gears level of crit/haste etc. I.e. 4 spell crit/5 cast speed item to a 2/3 or 1/2 with a proc that is better than the reduced 2 crit and cast or more. I see most players willing to put effort into getting even slight upgrades to their gear. If SOE wants to slow things down or spread out capping then they can simply diversify(your bonds) the effects and add other more advantageous effects to items is an easy way. I realize proc based items already autodowngrade. Besides procs, creation of crit damage increasing items, and base damage also are easy to get the areas where people are "too high" pulled down. I'm pretty sure a lot of caster would like some more of that double spell attack love.

    Don't get me wrong I have absolutely no problem with every piece of gear getting replaced. In fact I want every expansion to replace the gear that came before it but because it is better than its predecessor. The Mayong Orb still being around is bleh.

  9. #149
    YOU SHALL NOT PASS! Illuminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,370
    Character
    Aleraku
    Guild
    Server
    Everfrost

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    I don't mind the Mayong Orb being around near as much as I mind being cockblocked against it by utter retards.

  10. #150
    Funrest is Best Seolta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    300
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: OMG rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gummby8 View Post
    Ilucide wrote:
    An update on this:

    We're going to hold off on the rating system for right now. There were some issues internally with display, clarity and functionality that we're not comfortable trying to address in the amount of time we have left before launch.


    My translation: "Let's get everyone's ToS $$$ and let them get a fair way into the progression before we fuck around with this shit and piss ppl off."

    It may be arguable as to wether SOE is getting better at running MMO's, but it is true story that they're getting better at wallet-tapping the player base.

    Started EQ in '99 - EQ2 SK since Beta (Retired in SF - Fuck You Cockjumper)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads