+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mediocre Wizard
    Character
    Guild
    Server

Default Re: Mage Tankin t8??

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    I don't really know lots about mage tanking, since the only mage i've played is still lvl 40, but, doesn't a wizard tanking getting to mutch interupted to keep good dps and aggro ?

Oddly enough, nope.. I can parse just as well while tanking as when I'm not tanking. I get interrupted when I get knocked around, or when the mob uses an interrupt, something a fighter wouldn't have to deal with, but this is pretty rare.

Having the advanced combat tracker mini-parse window open is like having a ghetto-LU51(52?)-hate meter. If you're holding aggro through sheer dps, as long as you're on top and nobody is rooting mobs, aggro is yours. (This isn't taking into account transfers and hate gains, they make it even easier)

Working out a slightly different spell order in order to stay on top of the parse from start to finish of the fight is key - overzealous spike dps classes beware, if you go crazy on incoming, and I don't, you may pull aggro :!

Unmitigated Superiority
    Character
    Echo Location
    Guild
    Server

Wizard VP 2set in combination with all of the dispersion gear and a templar makes them tank hell of easily for heroic content and almost all OT duty in raids.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I /\/ C
    Character
    Guild
    Server

One of my guild's Coercers has tanked the majority of the TSO group content content including Crucible/Sunken/Fabled City ect. Running him with a Temp/Defiler it's really quite easy. I think he just needs to tank the Guk zones and Varsoon now 0.o
    Defiant | AVID | Warrior
    | WoW | WildStar | Pantheon | EQNext |

Character
    Vuetee
    Guild
    Server
    Splitpaw

want to tank, roll a tank...

simples

*random meerkat sound*

Character
    Sintorah
    Guild
    Server
    Valor

let me quote an inqui, i tanked for last time:

"It's definitely easier healing you than some random pickup tank and moreover aggro is where it should be."

i don't usually tank, but it's an easy choice between a pickup tank or doing it myself...