+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Character
    Guild
    Server

Default Mage Tankin t8??

Ok so i was wondering has anyone here seen a mage tank some of the t8 instances and such??? Assuming they have dispersion gear and a shaman healer for the wards and that they are specced correctly with the parry,deflection,battlemage,regenerating wards, and sages ward lines in aa. Do you think its possible?? Is it improbable? Would it require to much work to make it worth it? I love trying new things in game and testing the boundaries of the classes so any good info on this would be much appreciated!!!

PS. Assuming this is posssible what would be two great classes to trio with i am assuming a shaman healer and then some other class that would give the caster some more survivabilty and some back up dps

PSS. Thanks for any info!! And thanks for keeping this forum up and running with good constructive feedback!! I often jest to new 80th lvl chars until you know ur class eq2flames should be ur eq2 "bible"

Mooooo
    Character
    Guild
    Server

Default Re: Mage Tankin t8??

Unpatriotic Rotten Doctor Commie Rat
    Character
    Guild
    Server

Exclamation and question marks are loners.

Character
    Guild
    Server

Lol sorry if the overusage of exclamation and question marks bugs you. Still anyone have any good info about the topic?

Character
    Tool
    Guild
    PA
    Server
    Permafrost

This will end well.

Fast forward to the next expansion. We get 10 new levels, and all the classes get some new tricks. Among them, are mages getting taunts and the ability to summon a magical shield (24 seconds of added defense and chance to block every 2 min). Hell, maybe even a rescue ability to make tanking easier. And someone will link back to this thread so all the mages know to thank you personally for bringing this down on them.

LOL

Seriously, bards are good for survivablity. Dirges and troubs have different tools that I'm not entirely familiar with, so you might want to try them both out. I'm betting you wont be able to beat the stoneskin from the dirge though. Plus the dirge can rezz your healer.
    It's only weird if it doesn't work.

Character
    Guild
    Server

Lol that would be my luck.

Hehe dont think anything needs added i just feel like mages were given a lot of tools in this area and was wondering if any had managed it. Also if you have ever tanked a t8 zone as a mage what zone was it? Thanks

Character
    Tool
    Guild
    PA
    Server
    Permafrost

I don't play mages. But I know coercers can solo most of the ROK zones, Including Veksar 1, and chelsith. Problem is, I think its a lot tougher to tank one than to solo it. Having other people around just screws up your mojo or something.
    It's only weird if it doesn't work.

Agent Smith
    Character
    Guild
    Server

I have tanked a bunch of instances as a coercer. Never really messed with tanking bosses, but while our plate tank was AFK, I was chain pulling trash and tanking it with dispersion gear and STR line (Chanter).

Just a bit more work for a healer, but stoneskin procs all the time. Agro also sucks due to the hit in DPS and no innate hate gain or taunts so a crazy wizard will always pull agro at least on the pull.

EDIT: Back in RoK we had a warlock tank chardok all the way to the back, including named, with a single healer. So it can easily be done.

agressiv
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YOU SHALL NOT PASS! Illuminator's Avatar
    Character
    Aleraku
    Guild
    Server
    Everfrost

If mages could tank as well as plate, I'd be doing it. But with the stoneskin item procs getting nerfed, don't get your hopes up.

Agent Smith
    Character
    Guild
    Server

They were already nerfed. Unless you have inside secrets to something else....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]