+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 239
  1. #21
    Defiler Of Sheep
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    160
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    I am curious does anyone have any stats on the dog cure. I have been running it and have not noticed it enough to make it worth it.

    I am running a basic dog/fast cure spec with my crit being well over 100, I hate to spec AGI line just to test out the Tribal leadership.

    I hate the dog. I wish there was a useful heal spec with out it but, geared out, dog is really the only option.

  2. #22
    tried curing idiocy but was interrupted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,381
    Character
    Pantheya
    Guild
    Vivid
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    I run dog and tribal rage. Outside of heal stance and maybe the direct ward buffs, Spiritual Leadership is the single best AA we get. Not putting 8 points into it is nothing short of idiotic. Anything that has the potential to parse 1k HPS and outdo Faded Black Hood on hard fights is a must imho.

    What you drop to get it is pretty arbitrary and i'm sure will remain subject to much debate or personal preference.

    Personally, I don't touch the STA line at all. With capped casting speed, all you really get out of that line is a little bit of a recovery boost on your single target cure, which is great when you're chain-casting it. Given maxed recast on group cure, capped casting speed overall and the ability of all healers to group cure, I haven't had to chain cast single target cures a whole lot in SF. Then again, I'm still on easy-mode shit, so that may change as I start hitting hard-mode. From the few encounters we did pull on HM, chain-casting single-target cures didn't seem to be a requirement.

    My shaman build is:

    4/8/10/1 4/8/10/1/8 0/0/0/0/8/2 4/4/10 1/0/0/0/0

    That's the base, I haven't decided how i'll spend the few additional points because - frankly - i don't think it matters.

    Also, on the shadows tree, I spec Vehemence rather than Maelstrom on my heal spec. It gives very minor additional HP buff to group, but Maelstrom still really sucks and now that you don't need the AA to take off the stun, I haven't bothered. My spec right now is purely defensive / healing though, so I've not invested anything in dps except 1 point in the shaman tree (i miss having the extra nuke and keep pressing the useless button when it's not there).

    As far as dog cures, our other defiler specced it for a while and it wasn't very good. The cure parse of him + his dog was approx the same parse as me without dog curing. So the dog did cure some random shit, but chances are it's the same stuff he would have got with hit group cure anyway. Only possible application is having it cure a stun off you while you're stunned, but I am not too excited about relying on it for that. If anyone has better experience, please share
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    EQ2 Intern
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    163
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    Quote Originally Posted by arieste View Post
    now that you don't need the AA to take off the stun, I haven't bothered
    Really? Ok, respecing that tomorow

    So your setup is?:


    1/0/0/0/0 in the final line isnt enough, since you only spend 68 points then and arent able to get Spiritual Leadership / groupcure AA / Ancestral Channeling
    Retired Berserker/Defiler
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    I'm a defiler... and I seem to be useful at keeping tanks alive.

  4. #24
    tried curing idiocy but was interrupted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,381
    Character
    Pantheya
    Guild
    Vivid
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    Atm I think i have the couple of extra points in Ritual. I only have 1 pt in INT, just to have the dot. It's not that great, but I'm way too used to casting it as part my nuking rotation. I'll prolly pick up RoA with the rest of the points to make certain someones happy.

    (i'm at work and going off memory, which is why the math was wonky btw)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #25
    The Passion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    467
    Character
    None
    Guild
    Server
    n/a

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    Quote Originally Posted by arieste View Post
    Also, on the shadows tree, I spec Vehemence rather than Maelstrom on my heal spec. It gives very minor additional HP buff to group, but Maelstrom still really sucks and now that you don't need the AA to take off the stun, I haven't bothered. My spec right now is purely defensive / healing though, so I've not invested anything in dps except 1 point in the shaman tree (i miss having the extra nuke and keep pressing the useless button when it's not there).
    I think the damage added from doing 5 into Maelstrom would be more dps than the 1 point into Rabies? Also, the STA from vehemence is adding maybe 80~100HP.

    Quote Originally Posted by arieste View Post
    As far as dog cures, our other defiler specced it for a while and it wasn't very good. The cure parse of him + his dog was approx the same parse as me without dog curing. So the dog did cure some random shit, but chances are it's the same stuff he would have got with hit group cure anyway. Only possible application is having it cure a stun off you while you're stunned, but I am not too excited about relying on it for that. If anyone has better experience, please share
    There is maybe 1 or 2 fights (out of ALL of the fights) where the stun/cc effect is even curable. Dogdog did about 10% of my cures when I had the spec for a little while though, but I wasted group cures a lot cause dogdog would cure right before group cure landed (or other healer for that matter). That was when I could keep him alive ofc, and the fights where he died no matter what, 24 AAs wasted.
    Fenced In.Goblin *WHM/SCH* - done
    Denuki.Wolfsbane *cleric* - done
    Denuki.Unrest *defiler* -retired
    Enuki.Unrest *wizzy* -retired
    twitch.tv/fencedin

  6. #26
    tried curing idiocy but was interrupted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,381
    Character
    Pantheya
    Guild
    Vivid
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    Quote Originally Posted by Enuki View Post
    I think the damage added from doing 5 into Maelstrom would be more dps than the 1 point into Rabies? Also, the STA from vehemence is adding maybe 80~100HP.
    Actually I think 1 pt into Rabies would do more, but honestly, they are both a waste. imo 1 point to get a new spell is better than 5 points into a spell with a huge recast that's mostly a waste of time to cast anyway. But realistically, yeah, both are a total waste. I'll probably end up picking up maelstrom just so i could lead off with it on those once-in-a-blue-moon 10-mob pulls where it'll do 100k dmg It'll still be a total waste, but it'll be fun on the parse.

    And yeah, Vehemence HP is minimal, but it's for everyone in the group, so it's better than nothing. Definitely not a top priority in any way. But for a full defensive build, it beats maelstrom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #27
    The Passion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    467
    Character
    None
    Guild
    Server
    n/a

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    Maelstrom is NEVER a waste to cast, ever. It acts just like a group heal, it procs procs on everyone in group, that includes cures from mynzak wrist (or any cure on cast items) or ward proc items. Cast it every time it is up, same goes for our mythical spell Nightmares.

    Oh, and not resistible anymore, so way awesome spell to cast imo.
    Fenced In.Goblin *WHM/SCH* - done
    Denuki.Wolfsbane *cleric* - done
    Denuki.Unrest *defiler* -retired
    Enuki.Unrest *wizzy* -retired
    twitch.tv/fencedin

  8. #28
    tried curing idiocy but was interrupted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,381
    Character
    Pantheya
    Guild
    Vivid
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    Quote Originally Posted by Enuki View Post
    Maelstrom is NEVER a waste to cast, ever. It acts just like a group heal, it procs procs on everyone in group, that includes cures from mynzak wrist (or any cure on cast items) or ward proc items. Cast it every time it is up, same goes for our mythical spell Nightmares.

    Oh, and not resistible anymore, so way awesome spell to cast imo.
    oh i cast it, it's just totally negligible as far as effect goes. so is the heal on nightmares, which i also have up constantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #29
    Mae
    Mae is offline
    Nooblet Mae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    Character
    Maelani
    Guild
    Inner Circle
    Server
    Unrest

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    I also cast both always whenever they're up. They may not be mindblowingly awesome, but they are consistent, small group heals that do help.

    Maerie | Maehymn | Maelya | Maelani | Maedelyn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maerilyn | Maekenna | Maelynne
    Necro | Troub | Illusionist | Mystic | Warden | Brigand | Monk | Assassin | Shadow Knight | Beastlord
    Carpenter | Jeweler | Tailor | Woodworker | Armorer | Alchemist | Sage | Provisioner | Weaponsmith

  10. #30
    Defiler Of Sheep
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    160
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Combined Defiler Thread for SF

    I love Maelstrom and Nightmares they are easy fire and forget spells. I am interested to try out the dog/tribal rage spec see how it does.

    I have noticed that I dont need the speed in the single target cure nearly as much with the points in the group cure it is usually enough with an occasional spot cure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads