+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 214
  1. #1
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread] [Vastly Outdated]

    I'm cutting the stickies down to 3. Info, Loot, Parses. These are the old threads that still have good information:

    http://www.eq2flames.com/dirges/6270...ge-thread.html

    ---------------------------------------

    /join guk.dirges






    My AA Setup(s):
    This. You can put the last 20 points wherever you want, had 301 spent but made it 300 for people without AoD.






    Stat Lineup:

    Crit > CB/MA/Flurry/AGI > 1500 Mod > Pot > Reuse > Other Mod

    Estimated Crit Numbers:

    EM Skyshrine - 290-300?
    HM Skyshrine - 390

    Sullon's Spire
    H-310% (335% for Mrogr)

    Tallon's
    H-310% (340-350 for Tallon)

    Vallon's
    H-310% (360 for hand, maybe vallon)





    Adorns White/Red/Yellow

    Head - AGI/CB/CB
    Chest - Mod/CB+Dead Calm/CB
    Shoulders - AGI(x2)/CB/CB
    Forearms - MA (or Crit)/CB/CB
    Gloves - Dehate/CB/CB
    Pants: MA (or Crit)/CB/CB
    Boots: Weapon Skills (Or Haste, or Spell Reuse, whatever. Weapon Skills cheapest!)/CB/CB





    For other reds, if you have slots, top 3 war runes would be Winds, Pure Viciousness, Dain's. Magnitude/whatever(wild swings, if possible!) for primary/secondary weapons.
    Last edited by Buffrat; 11-17-2013 at 06:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    149
    Character
    Jamiria
    Guild
    Sanctuna
    Server
    Storms

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    Many thanks for all the info.

    Links to your DoV trees don't work though. But I'm curious about something : I see you take Attribute Prowess in first line. Unless mechanics have changed, 168 agi is good but not a huge increase in damage. Is it really worth not taking the 5% extra HP ?

  3. #3
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by jamiria View Post
    Many thanks for all the info.

    Links to your DoV trees don't work though. But I'm curious about something : I see you take Attribute Prowess in first line. Unless mechanics have changed, 168 agi is good but not a huge increase in damage. Is it really worth not taking the 5% extra HP ?
    It's a decent increase. DoV trees aren't there because they're not allowing any screenshots from beta, so I have to mspaint them.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    149
    Character
    Jamiria
    Guild
    Sanctuna
    Server
    Storms

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    DoV is due to release in one week and screenshots will be allowed then. Drawing the trees with Paint would be a waste of time IMHO.

  5. #5
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    It's cool. I got this.


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    741
    Character
    Orani
    Guild
    Server
    AB

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    Critical Avoidance, aka crit is contested again. Need the mob's crit avoidance + 100% to crit 100% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    Estimated Crit Numbers:
    Heroic ToFS Zones - 150% Crit
    Heroic Kraytoc Zones - 150% Crit
    Heroic KD Zones - 200% Crit

    ToFS x2 - 170% crit

    Kraytocs
    E-180% crit
    H-200% crit

    Hall of Legends
    E-200% crit
    H-230% crit

    Foundations of Stone
    E-200% crit
    H-230% crit

    Soren the Vindicator - 300% crit
    Do the estimate crit include the extra 100% to actually crit 100% of the time? Seems kind of crazy needing 400% crit on Soren but figure I'd ask anyway.

    Mentioned in a dev note some time ago there was going to be a buff icon in the target window that tells the mob's critical avoidance. Did they ever implement this?

    Bah, sucks, beta closed 14feb, and must be in beta to access those item links. :smiley-indifferent: until DoV is released i am guessing.

    Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I can not stand. I don't care. I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.

    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me. I have no place I'd rather be, since I've come to be free!!!


  7. #7
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Orani View Post
    Do the estimate crit include the extra 100% to actually crit 100% of the time? Seems kind of crazy needing 400% crit on Soren but figure I'd ask anyway.

    Mentioned in a dev note some time ago there was going to be a buff icon in the target window that tells the mob's critical avoidance. Did they ever implement this?

    Bah, sucks, beta closed 14feb, and must be in beta to access those item links. :smiley-indifferent: until DoV is released i am guessing.
    The estimated crit numbers are the numbers you will need to crit 100% of the time.

    They implemented the buff icon, but only on heroic KD mobs.

    IDK if I said it but all the red adorns are pretty much old avatar/other good loot. And the items are pretty generic. They have an entire week to change things though so I might have to redo both of my threads (probably not though, lols).

  8. #8
    DPS > Rezzing
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    112
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    It's cool. I got this.

    Kickass, so THAT's what I've been missing in my cast order...

    Thanks for the writeup Buffrat, I think this definitely gives a starting point for Dirges next week.

    A question I do have though: In previous expansions they've added new "currency" for gear (shards, marks, seals, etc.). Does that apply in the expansion as well, or as we haven't changed the level cap do the same currencies apply (meaning keep that horde of seals and marks handy)?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.raven-mythic.com/images/gallery/12639/20090525T174617/images/Legno.png[/SIGPIC]

    Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Firecracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    796
    Character
    Guild
    Liquor & Poker Club
    Server
    Arcadia

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    It's cool. I got this.

    This is all kinds of wonderful! :17:

    Thanks as ever for all the hard work you put into this stuff Buff.

  10. #10
    :(
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,059
    Character
    Buffrat#1566-BNet
    Guild
    Waiting for:
    Server
    Crowfall

    Default Re: READ ME FIRST [Velious Info Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobblepot View Post
    Kickass, so THAT's what I've been missing in my cast order...

    Thanks for the writeup Buffrat, I think this definitely gives a starting point for Dirges next week.

    A question I do have though: In previous expansions they've added new "currency" for gear (shards, marks, seals, etc.). Does that apply in the expansion as well, or as we haven't changed the level cap do the same currencies apply (meaning keep that horde of seals and marks handy)?
    Oh right. Yea, Primal Velium Shards for heroic and Pure Primal Velium Shards for raid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads