+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 253
  1. #11
    Queen of the pink Rosvita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    773
    Character
    Mysticalrose
    Guild
    Tide
    Server
    Antonica Bayle

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    I did mean 2 points in howling of the pack btw

  2. #12
    I'm Deepus! Viilanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    674
    Character
    Elhonnax Kaer'Lisk
    Guild
    Sovin Nai
    Server
    Guk

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    For me sitting at about 1820 wis self buffed in SF gear the AB mod beat the +wis on everything, plus ability mod affects heals. That combined with the fact that we lose most ability mod until we get raid jewelry sets decided me quite easily on picking Ability mod over wis


  3. #13
    Fury
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    500
    Character
    Fiora
    Guild
    Validus
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    i will make a full post with screenshot as soon as i get better.
    atm i cant stay in front of my pc more than 10 min


    Splitpaw.Fiora

  4. #14
    Bitchtress
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    811
    Character
    Shianne
    Guild
    Dracos Reborn
    Server
    Butcherblock

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    Hope you feel better soon Fio
    Shianne
    Dracos Reborn
    - Now with more Oomph! Pressing buttons better and faster than ever before! -
    "If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea... does that mean that one enjoys it?"

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    675
    Character
    Retired
    Guild
    Again
    Server
    I know!

  6. #16
    Is it juicy fruit? serum321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,787
    Character
    Serum
    Guild
    Server
    Permafrost

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    Quote Originally Posted by Viilanta View Post
    For me sitting at about 1820 wis self buffed in SF gear the AB mod beat the +wis on everything, plus ability mod affects heals. That combined with the fact that we lose most ability mod until we get raid jewelry sets decided me quite easily on picking Ability mod over wis
    This, I thought about the possibility of taking both wisdom and a. mod, but stats are going to be super inflated in DoV.

    Of course picking ability reuse chould change though if there is a bunch in DoV, but I don't think that will be the case. Also, if the new endlines are effected by reuse (not clear what Rosvita meant on her can not be modified part, I don't see anything about it in the tooltip on eq2wire, but it may just not be there) ability reuse will be boss for those new endlines.

    And I'm sure I'll take health/power for raiding at least for awhile.
    __________________________________________
    [Sat Jun 20 15:30:20 2009] \aPC -1 Sangra:Sangra\/a tells you, "i was only allowed to touch it once, and my dad told me that wierd feeling i couldnt describe when i touched it was what evil felt like"

  7. #17
    #70days
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,503
    Character
    Widem
    Guild
    Attritionx
    Server
    Permafrost

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    So this was something I wasn't aware of...

    If you are to put 10 points into Enhance: Tunare's Grace you also receive an extra proc to Fury of the Storm.

    Depending on how things parse out, which obviously I can't do atm, it's possible that would be a more viable option than my previous post where I would take Wrath of Nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlebbert View Post

    Contested

    Klaaktuus Unbound
    • Equilibrium [04/27/10] (server first; WW8th)
    • Ascendant (exploited the adds to get the kill, this message will be removed once Ascendant kills it again legally & date added.)

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    143
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    Max aa into Tunares Grace will also increase the curing from 200 levels to 300.

  9. #19
    #70days
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,503
    Character
    Widem
    Guild
    Attritionx
    Server
    Permafrost

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestar View Post
    Let's assume a base WIS of 2200 (just a guess), an increase of 168 is about 7.6%. Using the base guess that a 30% increase in WIS is a 10% increase in potency, we're talking (linear approximation) about 2,5% more potency from this. This gets more with less WIS you have, and less with more WIS you have. Bonus: you get increased resists (minimal) and increased crit mit (minimal)
    How much is 336 Ability mod? The highest "hitting" spell I have (Thunderbolt) currently has a mean display of around 12k. I'm guessing it will display probably around 18k DoV. As such a 336 ability mod increase translates to 1.9% more potency.
    I wanted to point out that your approach is sound, but your application of game mechanics is not. Potency is applied to ability mod. If you have 200% potency and are adding 336 ability mod the actual effect to the spell is and increase of 1008 or as you were displaying a real increase of 5.6% from your 18k thunder bolt, which I will further add is a mythological number you used.

    In addition, you must also realize that if you are at an 18k Thunderbolt with 200% potency and add another 7.6% the calculation is not 18,000 * 1.076 = 19,368 or 1,368 ability mod.

    It is actually (18,000/1+2.00) * (1+2.076) = 18,456 or ability mod of 456.

    If someone were to in fact have 2200 wis and 200% potency the ability mod acheivment would be over 2x as powerful as the Wisdom AA line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlebbert View Post

    Contested

    Klaaktuus Unbound
    • Equilibrium [04/27/10] (server first; WW8th)
    • Ascendant (exploited the adds to get the kill, this message will be removed once Ascendant kills it again legally & date added.)

  10. #20
    Queen of the pink Rosvita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    773
    Character
    Mysticalrose
    Guild
    Tide
    Server
    Antonica Bayle

    Default Re: DoV Druid AAs

    Quote Originally Posted by serum321 View Post
    This, I thought about the possibility of taking both wisdom and a. mod, but stats are going to be super inflated in DoV.

    Of course picking ability reuse chould change though if there is a bunch in DoV, but I don't think that will be the case. Also, if the new endlines are effected by reuse (not clear what Rosvita meant on her can not be modified part, I don't see anything about it in the tooltip on eq2wire, but it may just not be there) ability reuse will be boss for those new endlines.

    And I'm sure I'll take health/power for raiding at least for awhile.
    They said in update notes that reuse couldn't be changed (but they put duration instead of reuse) but they don't seem to have added a tooltip on it so fingers crossed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads