Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Character
    Tethra
    Guild
    Xanadu
    Server
    Runnyeye

Default Re: T7 Noobs and their opinions about T5

I liked the T5 itemization more than in T6/7, but as a mage the proc of items where mostly useless. I remember being pissed at the tons of vl items that had "on a successfull melee hit..." and "when caster gets hit..." proc's.

Character
    Retired 07
    Guild
    Server
    Najena

T5 items for mages kind of sucked imo, there was still a good amount of nice items mainly from Broxx and Splitpaw but other then that they were kind of rare and 90% of the procs were junk, alot had stiffle and stuns that didnt work on epics, and the rest were damage procs off melee attacks or damage taken which is like all most 100% worthless.

Battlement of the Mind was nice tho, it was like 16 regain before they nerfed it I think, and the health version that I can't remember the name for the life of me right now was like 36.

Dysgruntled
    Character
    Guild
    Server

Quote Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post
    T5 items for mages kind of sucked imo, there was still a good amount of nice items mainly from Broxx and Splitpaw but other then that they were kind of rare and 90% of the procs were junk, alot had stiffle and stuns that didnt work on epics, and the rest were damage procs off melee attacks or damage taken which is like all most 100% worthless.

Battlement of the Mind was nice tho, it was like 16 regain before they nerfed it I think, and the health version that I can't remember the name for the life of me right now was like 36.
    Fortitude of the Body was the health regen. Even now it's 16 in combat health regen, which blows anything since out of the water.

I think, however, we are looking back on t5 raids through VERY rosy glasses - at least the instances. I am sorry but I was SO FUCKING SICK of those daily instances. I remember how sweet it was when SotL came out and we actually had a raid zone to play with - no more 10 minutes in the zone and on to the next one. It was sweet for everyone but chanters, of course, because 4-6 hour crack rotations sucked a big fucking donkey dick.

On top of that, the MC drop rate was abysmal, and when one did drop you were essentially guaranteed to find a fucking fabled (kite) shield in there. The crafting components were a nice addition, but i really think they were necessary because there was hardly a plethora of fabled gear out there, so they had to give the raiders something.

On top of that, the mage gear fucking BLEW. it was awful. Tablet of the crypt keeper aside, until Splitpaw came out it was almost pointless to raid for loot as a mage. The Caldera loot and the stuff from (omg i can't remember the goblin guy in PF's name) was decent, but uber rare.

On the other hand, the t5 contested line up was un-fucking-believeable. There were like, what, 13-15 contested encounters in t5? Every day there was always at least 2-3 contested that could spawn - and after they changed the timers to be more "random" it was up to 4-5. I loved logging in and checking the MotD to see "Due: Fist, Hand, Ven, Alangria, Vox, etc etc." Even after they fixed the whole /poke thing, I loved checking contested. I loved the thrill of racing with another guild to pull even the shittiest (Xig, Hand). That was the shit. Even when we knew Nagalick was going to drop some shitty brawler loot, that fight kicked so much ass it was totally worth it.

Now, sure theres a few contested, but I mean come on. I am on the most contested server in the game, and with only 4 contested they go in order. Kill one, move on to camp the spawn of the next one. Theres no race, no need to be in 3 places at once. Stand around and wait for a single spawn you know is imminent and inevitable and pray you get the first pull. That's not real competition, that's just shit.

When Harla and the AoA dragons were contested, it at least made things interesting. Oh, but wait, those dragons were needed for quest updates...fucking brilliant. So they instance them - 100%. No contested version...wtf? I mean, come on, Venekor is in 3 fucking zones now, and he is still contested in CT. Why couldn't they just make an instanced version for the noobs to get their DT access, but keep the contested versions around for the fun of it??

Blah, /rant off. Fuck you SOE.