+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    Say Brah ™
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,819
    Character
    Guild
    Server
    Almost everyone...

    Default -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    Okay seeing as servers are up and Kiara stated that the 5 changes she posted was not the only ones, has anyone seen anything that is different from the test server to today?

    (at work and just wondering)

  2. #2
    Troubie or Dirge...I go both ways...
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    92
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    I haven't seen any changes yet, but I"m hoping SOE is rethinking things...The avatar gear is the best gear because the avatars are hard as hell to kill plus they are contested. Avatar loot is something that everyone wants, but is extremely hard to get. It makes the game interesting.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,519
    Character
    Vinere
    Guild
    Server
    Oasis

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadrid82 View Post
    I haven't seen any changes yet, but I"m hoping SOE is rethinking things...The avatar gear is the best gear because the avatars are hard as hell to kill plus they are contested. Avatar loot is something that everyone wants, but is extremely hard to get. It makes the game interesting.

    Since most guilds can kill them before they can kill the boss of YiS/PoA/MMB... they arnt the hardest mobs in game.. so they shouldnt drop the best loot.

  4. #4
    Poopiepants Crabbok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,338
    Character
    Crabbok
    Guild
    Too many kids
    Server
    to raid anymore

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    They are contested which makes them rarer. I don't care how good a guild you are, if another guild has them on lock down, your probably not going to ever even SEE an avatar, let alone get a chance to find out how hard they are.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    131
    Character
    Company
    Guild
    Unreal
    Server
    Valor

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    should be contested > instance mobs, but atm are instance mobs much more harder than the contested ones... = soe fails:46:








  6. #6
    ...
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,030
    Character
    .
    Guild
    Server
    .

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadrid82 View Post
    the avatars are hard as hell to kill
    Did you ever pulled an avatar? Atm they're pretty much a joke for everyone...


    Quote Originally Posted by Hadrid82 View Post
    Avatar loot is something that everyone wants, but is extremely hard to get.
    The only "hard" factor is luck... wether the item you want drop or not..


    Quote Originally Posted by Hadrid82 View Post
    It makes the game interesting.
    Meaby for those 30 people on each server. The rest dont give a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Official Forums (Aeralik) View Post
    I realize its human nature to place blame on things you dont fully understand

  7. #7
    I'm good at pressing buttons Serias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,315
    Character
    Davion
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    Its pretty funny reading terrible players giving any sort of input on avatars when they die to mobs like switchmaster on a nightly basis.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    131
    Character
    Company
    Guild
    Unreal
    Server
    Valor

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Serias View Post
    Its pretty funny reading terrible players giving any sort of input on avatars when they die to mobs like switchmaster on a nightly basis.
    switchmaster can be hard too, if u doesnt cure the elementals ;P








  9. #9
    Zerg Defiler?! no! EQ2 Defiler!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    325
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    Quote Originally Posted by daw4888 View Post
    Since most guilds can kill them before they can kill the boss of YiS/PoA/MMB... they arnt the hardest mobs in game.. so they shouldnt drop the best loot.
    how many guilds can clear ykesha and palace versus how many guilds are downing avatars?

    MORE ARE KILLING YKESHA AND ANASHTI?

    therefore i'd say they must be easier. not to mention the fact that fights like ykesha were a fuckfest of luck fest before a hundred nerfs

  10. #10
    Weapon of Mass Destruction
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    869
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: -=Avatar Gear=- As Of 9/23/09

    I disagree that only avatar killers care. There's a reason every raider wants to be in the avatar guilds. It's as much of a prestige thing as a loot thing. Ask any server chat and they will tell you who their top guild is, or all the guilds that kill avatars. They will not be able to mention all the guilds that can kill anashti. Just because not everyone can kill them doesn't mean they don't pay attention to the top end. Kinda like watching pro sports, it gives something to aspire to.

    If contested gear stays worthless, then contested mobs become nothing more than the domini of rok, due to nobody really striving to kill em. So in essence the "top end" of raiding becomes a thing of the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads