+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    PSI Rockin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    746
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by LFG View Post
    Thanks a ton for posting that.

    The one useful thing I've learned in this thread is this. When some group rolls me, griefs me, or steals my quest mob or named, and I can wait until they after they engage a mob to retaliate and take at least one of them out for sure, I should always go for the person with the highest title, because it will fuck them up the worst.
    Only if you're within one title of theirs. A hunter won't take fame from a destroyer, for example.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    770
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Popsi: you must group with some real idiots if they base their PvP target on titles.
    LFG: kill people, try not to die, fame will arrive all by itself.

    "Dick Cheney’s fondest pipe dream is driving a bulldozer into The New York Times while drinking crude oil out of Keith Olbermann’s skull." - Stephen Colbert

  3. #13
    L337 Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,141
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    when i group, i group with the best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    :148: <-- me irl

  4. #14
    Wanker
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,236
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by k9quaint View Post
    Popsi: you must group with some real idiots if they base their PvP target on titles.
    LFG: kill people, try not to die, fame will arrive all by itself.
    I think you are wrong there k9. Fame will come eventually but if you want more than a destroyer title then you will have to think about it a bit more.

  5. #15
    Macaroni Monster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,219
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    If all you did was go out and pvp, and pvp, and pvp.... it would be impossible for you to be lower than champion. If youre a scout, dreadnaught

  6. #16
    The
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    607
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by Popsi View Post
    when i group, i group with the best in my guild
    fixed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    L337 Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,141
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    fixed!

    ruined!


    you know we always up for a fight saracen =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    :148: <-- me irl

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    Only if you're within one title of theirs. A hunter won't take fame from a destroyer, for example.
    And this, I think, is the primary problem with the fame system. However, if they fixed it so that you lost/gained fame at a rate that took into account title, size of group, and level difference, certain people would never, ever, leave the docks any more. I'd love to see a Hunter knock the shit out of a Overseer and make him a Slayer while getting like Destroyer out of an even 1v1 "upset". However, at least titles would have some meaning in such a world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads