+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    LFG
    LFG is offline
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,139
    Character
    Eric
    Guild
    Vegans for Jesus
    Server
    San Francisco

    Default Question about fame

    If you mostly lose, do you end up with some really big pool of negative fame that you can never climb out of, or is there a negative fame cap?

  2. #2
    Faabio
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,467
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Well, if you keep dieing you are just going to lose your title, but if you are unranked it shouldn't take too many duo kills to get that infamy back, it's not like Hunter or Unranked infamy is that hard to get

  3. #3
    LFG
    LFG is offline
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,139
    Character
    Eric
    Guild
    Vegans for Jesus
    Server
    San Francisco

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Ok, please 'splain to me how this fame BS works, I want details.

    Thx u Mr. Moderator.

  4. #4
    Faabio
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,467
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    How it works is you kill someone within a rank of you and you get their fame.

    I'd suggest not even trying to understand it, or even wanting to understand it because it severely reduces the fun you can have from PvP.

  5. #5
    LFG
    LFG is offline
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,139
    Character
    Eric
    Guild
    Vegans for Jesus
    Server
    San Francisco

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by Faabio View Post
    How it works is you kill someone within a rank of you and you get their fame.

    I'd suggest not even trying to understand it, or even wanting to understand it because it severely reduces the fun you can have from PvP.
    Ok.

    But, why don't they make it so you can choose not to participate in the fame system, or even turn off the stupid fame titles?

    I don't want one, I also don't want to see anyone else's, they don't impress me at all, and quite the opposite, it looks very redneck to me.

  6. #6
    PSI Rockin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    746
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    If a person is either a rank below you, your rank, or a rank above you, then you gain fame from them.

    The titles in order are:
    1. Unranked
    2. Hunter
    3. Slayer
    4. Destroyer
    5. Champion
    6. Dreadnaught
    7. General
    8. Master
    9. Overseer
    IIRC. The higher you go, the easier it is to lose your title and the harder it is to gain it for two reasons:

    Higher titles take more fame to achieve and less fame to lose and,
    People with higher titles are generally harder to kill because they're better at running away.

    You gain less fame if you are not the only person killing a target.

    That all being said, the system is fucking stupid and don't bother with it.

  7. #7
    Faabio
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,467
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by LFG View Post
    Ok.

    But, why don't they make it so you can choose not to participate in the fame system, or even turn off the stupid fame titles?

    I don't want one, I also don't want to see anyone else's, they don't impress me at all, and quite the opposite, it looks very redneck to me.

    Because people need something to gauge their worth upon, and more often that not that falls upon the realm of said titles. I (among many others) would like to see them implement some other sort of system that shows how often you PvP, not how often you find the most convenient way to get fame ^_^

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ladred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,568
    Character
    Camo
    Guild
    Decimation
    Server
    Gnarlwood

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Look Ma! I'm the only won in teh game with the decimator title and all i had to do to get it was camp out at the kos spires and banally kill people and then log off as soon as I got a kill with fame!!!
    Registered Republican

  9. #9
    LFG
    LFG is offline
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,139
    Character
    Eric
    Guild
    Vegans for Jesus
    Server
    San Francisco

    Default Re: Question about fame

    Quote Originally Posted by Marou View Post
    If a person is either a rank below you, your rank, or a rank above you, then you gain fame from them.

    The titles in order are:
    1. Unranked
    2. Hunter
    3. Slayer
    4. Destroyer
    5. Champion
    6. Dreadnaught
    7. General
    8. Master
    9. Overseer
    IIRC. The higher you go, the easier it is to lose your title and the harder it is to gain it for two reasons:

    Higher titles take more fame to achieve and less fame to lose and,
    People with higher titles are generally harder to kill because they're better at running away.

    You gain less fame if you are not the only person killing a target.

    That all being said, the system is fucking stupid and don't bother with it.
    Thanks a ton for posting that.

    The one useful thing I've learned in this thread is this. When some group rolls me, griefs me, or steals my quest mob or named, and I can wait until they after they engage a mob to retaliate and take at least one of them out for sure, I should always go for the person with the highest title, because it will fuck them up the worst.

  10. #10
    L337 Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,141
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Question about fame

    fame really fucks everything up in PvP, in group PvP you would go for the one you would get fame off instead of the warlock who was casting rift at the time i too want to see titles gone, it would make pvp more fun imo, even though it is nice to go rank up




    sorry swass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    :148: <-- me irl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads