+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 112 of 112

Thread: Crusaders..lol

  1. #111
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Crusaders..lol

    The problem always is an issue of unbalanced suvivability vs. DPS

    As ive read, well played mages will out DPS any well played crusader class....correct?

    on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the top DPS or survivability, you cant have a mage with a 10 dps and 1 survivability compete with a crusader with an 8 dps and 8 survivability. This is what distorts pvp. Especially if CC are easily resisted and dont stop the ranged damage, double that considering you have to get off a few long cast time nukes that are very interruptible.

    IMO all classes should have a similair DPS to survivability spread. More survivability, less ability to unleash spike or high DPS, and vice versa. A mage class should be able to nuke because it has to to survive. A fighter class should not if they are able to take a decent amount of damage.

    You will see in any game that the real OP class isnt the one who tops the parse, but the class with the most survivability to DPS ratio.

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    353
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Crusaders..lol

    Quote Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
    The problem always is an issue of unbalanced suvivability vs. DPS

    As ive read, well played mages will out DPS any well played crusader class....correct?
    Yes, but a lot of average players don't spend the time the evercrackheds do on their toons and wonder why the zerker and SK out parse them.

    Quote Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
    on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the top DPS or survivability, you cant have a mage with a 10 dps and 1 survivability compete with a crusader with an 8 dps and 8 survivability. This is what distorts pvp. Especially if CC are easily resisted and dont stop the ranged damage, double that considering you have to get off a few long cast time nukes that are very interruptible.
    If your a 10 dps and a 1 survivability, you better have a good tank as a friend otherwise you need to keep that toon pve only. People DO farm tokens and grind till their eyes hurt to get the toons that get your foot in the door for good pvp/bg. If you show up with a pure dps spec and no defense you get what you deserve. Sins that don't spec in to the stifle for instance, locks that spend no points on CC, wardens with no nature walk etc etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
    IMO all classes should have a similair DPS to survivability spread. More survivability, less ability to unleash spike or high DPS, and vice versa. A mage class should be able to nuke because it has to to survive. A fighter class should not if they are able to take a decent amount of damage.

    You will see in any game that the real OP class isnt the one who tops the parse, but the class with the most survivability to DPS ratio.
    agreed~ if your here to pvp~ then spec and build for pvp. Survivability, CC and decent dammage is WAY more effective than pure DPS. But most pvpers know all this...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads