+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65
  1. #1
    Ghostly Gardener Pink Poodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,642
    Character
    Rhosilyn/Imtithal
    Guild
    Illuminati
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Smile Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    It's worth a shot, isn't it?

    However, I don't know how to word the current problems with PVP. Also like I of all people am the one to point out the flaws on my own.

    So, I'm asking for your help to put something together. I'm put it on the official forums and PM to Olihin. Apparently the devs are in massive workload time because of AOD/new GU soon, but like I said, worth a shot.

    Come help me out!

    Things like "NO FUCK U IMTITHAL PVP IS DEAD I'M PLAYING SWTOR/GW/TERA/BASS MASTERS ONLINE" will be replied with a Minecraft animated gif.

    And yes, I am aware of this thread: this one right here - this is more of a giant "Hi I am Imtithal and I like this game but it needs improvement here is feedbacks from me and some cool people okay cool thanks bye" instead of 20 words or less. More like a short essay. Rothgar last posted on the "20 words" thread in October saying he's swamped, though I am not throwing in the towel just yet because I still enjoy the game.

    If you are a huge hardcore PVPer who's known, I encourage you to post your thoughts here. This means you, Nagafen users who have a huge post count and know what the hell you're doing.

    If you'd rather private message me that is cool too.
    Last edited by Pink Poodle; 11-28-2011 at 11:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Arenanet > SOE Kalian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    913
    Character
    Kalian Amirante
    Guild
    TRA (GW2)
    Server
    Maguuma

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    first order of business:
    -disable leapers, gliders, flyers ability to fly
    -remove horses/in-zone transportation
    -put defender into combat when attacked
    -reduce pvp stats of spells/cas/buffs at cap
    -disable bgs
    Last edited by Kalian; 11-23-2011 at 09:49 PM.

  3. #3
    Ghostly Gardener Pink Poodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,642
    Character
    Rhosilyn/Imtithal
    Guild
    Illuminati
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalian View Post
    first order of business:
    -disable leapers, gliders, flyers ability to fly
    -remove horses/in-zone transportation
    -put defender into combat when attacked
    -reduce pvp stats of spells/cas/buffs at cap
    -disable bgs
    At the same time though, what if a Nagafen player just wants to play BGs just for the hell of it?

    The rest I completely understand though. The flyers/leapers (who uses gliders?!) thing is tricky however. They have their PVE uses, but maybe they could be nerfed somehow in a way I can't think of because I am so tired. So people don't flee all the damn time. Like "your mount needs to rest!" or something for PVP only to prevent abuse of fleeing and stuff. I don't even know if that made sense.

    Thanks for posting. Looking for more feedback.

    Also, I don't think Rothgar's been replying (as mentioned here) for the same reason Kander hasn't, see here: We Miss You

  4. #4
    Inimicle Valdoras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    870
    Character
    Guild
    Server
    Splitpaw

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    pvp daily hotzone
    open world writ givers


    edit: in warfields and daily pvp hotzone (not that it will happen) cap mount speed at 75% and the highest you can fly/jump would be.. say 50m so its still possible to knock them down, for some classes anyway
    Last edited by Valdoras; 11-24-2011 at 10:53 AM.

  5. #5
    Ghostly Gardener Pink Poodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,642
    Character
    Rhosilyn/Imtithal
    Guild
    Illuminati
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    More feedback from ingame yay, basically what was said but add-ons:
    writ giver in overland zones again


    daily pvp hot zone where writ giver is at


    new jewlery and weapons for pvp, they are outdated since SF (early 2010)


    fix broken procs


    if you are mezed on a griffon/pegasus/whatever, you should fall down

  6. #6
    gage pls Udoaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,064
    Character
    Syndarin
    Guild
    Server
    Hall of Fame

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    -put defender into combat when attacked
    -put defender into combat when attacked
    -put defender into combat when attacked
    -put defender into combat when attacked
    -put defender into combat when attacked
    -put defender into combat when attacked

  7. #7
    <3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,572
    Character
    Peak
    Guild
    Server
    Nagafun

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Poodle View Post
    It's worth a shot, isn't it?

    However, I don't know how to word the current problems with PVP. Also like I of all people am the one to point out the flaws on my own.

    So, I'm asking for your help to put something together. I'm put it on the official forums and PM to Olihin. Apparently the devs are in massive workload time because of AOD/new GU soon, but like I said, worth a shot.

    Come help me out!

    Things like "NO FUCK U IMTITHAL PVP IS DEAD I'M PLAYING SWTOR/GW/TERA/BASS MASTERS ONLINE" will be ignored. Continued offenses will be replied with a Minecraft animated gif.

    And yes, I am aware of this thread: this one right here - this is more of a giant "Hi I am Imtithal and I like this game but it needs improvement here is feedbacks from me and some cool people okay cool thanks bye" instead of 20 words or less. More like a short essay. Rothgar last posted on the "20 words" thread in October saying he's swamped, though I am not throwing in the towel just yet because I still enjoy the game.

    If you are a huge hardcore PVPer who's known, I encourage you to post your thoughts here. This means you, Nagafen users who have a huge post count and know what the hell you're doing.
    I wouldn't even waste your time with this. These posts and messages and whatnot have been made time and time again.
    I think the last time a thread was actually used was back in EOF or ROK when Brokensword posted a big list of complaints and ideal solutions. A couple of those were actually implemented.
    Now? Practically everything in this game - raiding included - seems to be an afterthought.

    It's not even worth hoping for it to ever get back to how it used to be, because it just won't happen.

    edit: On the Rothgar note - great, he's swamped. If SOE really cared about this game, they'd hire more developers - not bring some GM like Olihin in and give him a "developer" tag even though he doesn't develop anything. Time and time I've suggested a developer sitting down with some of the known PVP players - the people who have been PVPing on Nagafen since day one and have shown they actually have the knowledge to succeed in this game. Nothing has ever come of that. Shit, I think Riot Games is actually looking for competitive and skilled players to come work for them and improve League of Legends. If only SOE could do the same.
    Last edited by Ratface; 11-28-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Ghostly Gardener Pink Poodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,642
    Character
    Rhosilyn/Imtithal
    Guild
    Illuminati
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratface View Post
    I wouldn't even waste your time with this. These posts and messages and whatnot have been made time and time again.
    I think the last time a thread was actually used was back in EOF or ROK when Brokensword posted a big list of complaints and ideal solutions. A couple of those were actually implemented.
    Now? Practically everything in this game - raiding included - seems to be an afterthought.

    It's not even worth hoping for it to ever get back to how it used to be, because it just won't happen.

    edit: On the Rothgar note - great, he's swamped. If SOE really cared about this game, they'd hire more developers - not bring some GM like Olihin in and give him a "developer" tag even though he doesn't develop anything. Time and time I've suggested a developer sitting down with some of the known PVP players - the people who have been PVPing on Nagafen since day one and have shown they actually have the knowledge to succeed in this game. Nothing has ever come of that. Shit, I think Riot Games is actually looking for competitive and skilled players to come work for them and improve League of Legends. If only SOE could do the same.
    It would greatly improve the game if they hired good players. Hell, I'd work for them even though ">Imtithal >good player >pick one". Though I'd mostly steal cigs like Brad McQuaid did.

    But moving on! I told you, I have a glimmer of optimism. Not very big though. But I'm going to do a different approach. I'll try to get the word out as best as I can, the more people who say stuff, squeaky wheel gets the oil? It doesn't require much effort on my part.

    It will never be like it used to be, but it could be improved.

    On Rothgar's schedule note, that's why I was going to wait after the next big GU thing. Yes, they should hire more devs. I think there's a small chance they could do that after the f2p, especially if it turns out positive. Sony is a large parent company, I am sure they could damn well afford to hire people. I agree on those aspects. But as I mentioned, I'm going to give it a shot. If this fails, I'll wait for 40K MMO.

  9. #9
    <3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,572
    Character
    Peak
    Guild
    Server
    Nagafun

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    They could, but unfortunately SOE is more than likely just a blip on their radar, representing a small tiny fraction of their revenue. =|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Ghostly Gardener Pink Poodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,642
    Character
    Rhosilyn/Imtithal
    Guild
    Illuminati
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: Help me start a PVP improvement thread to send to devs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratface View Post
    They could, but unfortunately SOE is more than likely just a blip on their radar, representing a small tiny fraction of their revenue. =|
    Their TVs and shit are their real assets, I think.

    But why not send me some ideas anyway?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads