+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,359
    Character
    Topan
    Guild
    Rawr
    Server
    Oasis

    Default Faster than the speed of light

    by a couple billionths of a second

    BBC News - Speed-of-light experiments give baffling result at Cern

    The team measured the travel times of neutrino bunches some 15,000 times, and have reached a level of statistical significance that in scientific circles would count as a formal discovery.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,962
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    some 14 year old kid genius already said this a couple months ago, and that he was revising equations to publish.

  3. #3
    ♥NINJA HUGGLES♥
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,473
    Character
    Avaela
    Guild
    Server
    360

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    I wish they would hurry up and find the rest of the planets in our solar system and our 2nd star. Do work nasa bitches

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,359
    Character
    Topan
    Guild
    Rawr
    Server
    Oasis

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzof View Post
    some 14 year old kid genius already said this a couple months ago, and that he was revising equations to publish.
    i just said the sun was made out of chocolate

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,962
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    i eagerly await for your studies to be published in a scientific journal

  6. #6
    God Damn, The Pusherman Otis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,642
    Character
    Otis
    Guild
    Server
    Blackburrow

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzof View Post
    i eagerly await for your studies to be published in a scientific journal
    I say the same thing to truthers and "scientists" (snicker) who claim climate change is a myth.

  7. #7
    Scito te ipsum Slippery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,346
    Character
    Arabel/Iguards
    Guild
    Equilibrium
    Server
    AB

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    I say the same thing to truthers and "scientists" (snicker) who claim climate change is a myth.
    Meh, that should be another thread entirely, but there is no proof that anything we are doing is the cause. We know for example that everything exerts gravity, and even planets in solar systems pull the stars in all different directions. Who isn't to say that for example the way things are lined up our orbit is slightly off from what it has been, causing the higher extreme's of both hi and low temperatures that we've been see'ing.

    I'm not saying it isn't caused by humans, but I think it is highly arrogant as a race to rule out outside cause. I mean we know that throughout history the Temperature's haven't been constant, and they generally work in cycles.

    Isn't one of the dominant theories about end of the world Dec 2012 something along the lines of a combination of the way things within the galaxy aline and the fact that we are overdue for a poll flop?

  8. #8
    Dying's For Fools EQ2Cyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,523
    Character
    Cyan
    Guild
    Server
    Antonia Bayle

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    Meh, that should be another thread entirely, but there is no proof that anything we are doing is the cause. We know for example that everything exerts gravity, and even planets in solar systems pull the stars in all different directions. Who isn't to say that for example the way things are lined up our orbit is slightly off from what it has been, causing the higher extreme's of both hi and low temperatures that we've been see'ing.

    I'm not saying it isn't caused by humans, but I think it is highly arrogant as a race to rule out outside cause. I mean we know that throughout history the Temperature's haven't been constant, and they generally work in cycles.

    Isn't one of the dominant theories about end of the world Dec 2012 something along the lines of a combination of the way things within the galaxy aline and the fact that we are overdue for a poll flop?
    Its a classic case of too small of a sample size and too many variables to be able to remotely assign cause. That its happening is something that is laughable to deny. That we're the cause is a ridiculous assumption to make at this point. Right now its correlation at best until we get more comprehensive modeling. However, cause is irrelevant when we can predict results and engineering our way out of it will pay off significantly in the future regardless since its effectively terraforming technology taken far enough.

    Anyways, back to the OP. Needs to be confirmed at a different source until anything meaningful can be confirmed. Pretty much pointless to speculate about at this point.

  9. #9
    _____ kosem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,030
    Character
    Nerdslayer
    Guild
    Server
    Kyrios

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    if Einstein was wrong then Darwin is too
    Christians: 1
    Atheists: 0

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,359
    Character
    Topan
    Guild
    Rawr
    Server
    Oasis

    Default Re: Faster than the speed of light

    Quote Originally Posted by kosem View Post
    if Einstein was wrong then Darwin is too
    Christians: 1
    Atheists: 0
    But evolution is real

    Christians: -9999
    Atheists: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads