+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 315
  1. #21
    Vistor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    407
    Character
    I Quit
    Guild
    Server
    This sucky game.

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodaron View Post
    Really? Vulcan being destroyed is canon? I was unaware. 2 Spocks existing in the world is canon? I was also unaware of this. Uhura and Spocks relationship. Yup, unaware again.
    Alternate time should ring a bell.

    It's even stated by Uhura in the movie that an alternate universe was created.

    The only soft canon is the books everything is hard canon.

    As Janeway said "Timetravel gives me headache"

    Roddenberry himself only accepted TOS as canon and didn't like the movies. But as general rule all movies are canon to Startrek.com.
    Seriously, all those swaying tree branches moving in random directions, multiplied by however many trees are in my view and draw distance.

    Mythic, please give me a way to turn off swaying branches, so my client can concentrate on more important things, such as providing me quicker response times and feedback during combat. - "Oldguy" WAR whine thread.

    http://wanzooki.mybrute.com

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    20,363
    Character
    laodaron
    Guild
    Server
    Back on AB

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    I'm aware of an alternate universe, and I liked the movie. But I would argue that an "alternate universe" that isn't corrected by the end of the movie or show or compilation of shows just isn't canon.

  3. #23
    MotD is Win Deson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,997
    Character
    Deson
    Guild
    Unbound
    Server
    Lucan D'lere

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodaron View Post
    TNG > Star Trek > The others that were all shit.
    TNG > Star Trek >Early DS9> Xindi Saga Enterprise> Everything else was shit> Voyager was shitty enough to stand out as the shittiest.

    Seriously Voyager, smoking hot chicks, Q, the Borg and Klingons and you still can't amount to being watchable? Not just that but you ruin each of those features through shitty use? Fuck Voyager.

    I do have to say though that while Enterprise started about as bad as Voyager, when the Xindi Saga hit it tightened up tremendously and became worth substantially more. Archer combated terrorists, religious extremists, kidnapped a guy and implanted false memories in him, stranded peaceful aliens in space and mounted near suicidal raids...oh! and fought zombie Vulcans! It's as good as late DS9 could have been without all the Emissary bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laodaron View Post
    LOL, the "I'm getting owned, but I'll pretend that I owned you in my mind" (anti)logic isn't going to work here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topan View Post
    You want to know whats pathetic? Casuals shitheads like you who deliver nothing to the gaming industry but an autistic sense of self worth and imaginary authority over things they know nothing about.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    20,363
    Character
    laodaron
    Guild
    Server
    Back on AB

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    See, I guess I can agree with you...but there's still no amount of anything that even comes CLOSE to TNG, and I just felt that as the Original, it deserved a nod at least by name.

  5. #25
    tried curing idiocy but was interrupted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,381
    Character
    Pantheya
    Guild
    Vivid
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodaron View Post
    I'm aware of an alternate universe, and I liked the movie. But I would argue that an "alternate universe" that isn't corrected by the end of the movie or show or compilation of shows just isn't canon.
    I think what the argument is that it IS canon, but it's a 2nd set of canon if you will. Canon that isn't being used in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    The Most Interesting Man in the World.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,608
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    Ok Ill be more specific since people are fucking assclowns.

    Star Trek Online is based on the 'hard canon' and some 'soft canon' of the 'prime timeline.' Happy, faggots? Jesus fucking Christ. All the movies and TV shows are technically 'hard canon' as are some of the books/comics, but some of the books/comics are 'soft canon' (meaning maybe they'll give a shit about what happened, maybe they wont).

    The "Prime Timeline" delineation is just so no one goes "OH WELL THEN THE JJ ABRHAMS MOVIE IS HARD CANON TOO!" (btw the terms Hard/Soft Canon is extremely fucking gay) well while it is 'hard canon' it is not of the 'prime timeline' k thx, bye.

    EDit Note: Star Trek Timeline Heres a nice lil link for a STO Timeline.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Kfizz, I'm suing you for raping me.

  7. #27
    tried curing idiocy but was interrupted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,381
    Character
    Pantheya
    Guild
    Vivid
    Server
    Crushbone

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    Quote Originally Posted by KFizzle View Post
    Ok Ill be more specific since people are fucking assclowns.

    Star Trek Online is based on the 'hard canon' and some 'soft canon' of the 'prime timeline.' Happy, faggots? Jesus fucking Christ. All the movies and TV shows are technically 'hard canon' as are some of the books/comics, but some of the books/comics are 'soft canon' (meaning maybe they'll give a shit about what happened, maybe they wont).

    The "Prime Timeline" delineation is just so no one goes "OH WELL THEN THE JJ ABRHAMS MOVIE IS HARD CANON TOO!" (btw the terms Hard/Soft Canon is extremely fucking gay) well while it is 'hard canon' it is not of the 'prime timeline' k thx, bye.

    EDit Note: Star Trek Timeline Heres a nice lil link for a STO Timeline.
    yup. but honestly, who cares about canon at this point? this is a game mainly consisting of combat and the accumulation of loot that is being based on a show about exploration and diplomacy in a world where wealth is obsolete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #28
    MotD is Win Deson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,997
    Character
    Deson
    Guild
    Unbound
    Server
    Lucan D'lere

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodaron View Post
    See, I guess I can agree with you...but there's still no amount of anything that even comes CLOSE to TNG, and I just felt that as the Original, it deserved a nod at least by name.
    The original deserves a lot of credit for what it tried to do at the time. Considering the cast and concept, it was a huge gamble. Accounting for time it wasn't a bad show, and it's still better than every series that came after except the awesome of Jean Luc Picard. Hell, I'll put TOS against any comparable sci-fi since and bet on it to utterly own them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laodaron View Post
    LOL, the "I'm getting owned, but I'll pretend that I owned you in my mind" (anti)logic isn't going to work here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topan View Post
    You want to know whats pathetic? Casuals shitheads like you who deliver nothing to the gaming industry but an autistic sense of self worth and imaginary authority over things they know nothing about.

  9. #29
    Proud Kuffar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    392
    Character
    Undoubtedly
    Guild
    Server
    Number Twenty

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    Quote Originally Posted by arieste View Post
    yup. but honestly, who cares about canon at this point? this is a game mainly consisting of combat and the accumulation of loot that is being based on a show about exploration and diplomacy in a world where wealth is obsolete.

    ...to seek out new life, and new civilizations...

    ...and kill them.

    The only mention in STO of the 'dual-universe' phenomenon is the disappearance of Ambassador Spock in his one-of-a-kind 'Jellyfish' craft - otherwise, it's the ST universe we all grew up with. Which suits me fine, despite the fact I enjoyed JJA's movie.

  10. #30
    Wanker
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,236
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Star Trek Online

    For Kfizzle, Klingons in the game for now are purely a pvp faction and can only level primarily through pvp, whereas the Federation has pve as well as pvp. They are looking at making it more balanced if the community request it. I hope it doesnt become monster play like LOTRO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads