+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: 22 Solo build

  1. #11
    Berserker Betrayer Betrayer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,651
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    I mean, at level 34 with no healing aspects in pally i am coming close to your HPS in FC. Im guessing that if you run a parse you wont see that much benefit from pally heals. I just dont see whats useful in the pally tree past what i had spent points in. The ward has such a long CD, graceful on paper looks good but when you see what it actually adds in the character screen its laughable, Balance of power is such low damage/heals. Sure impassable guard and lifes rapture are great but require so many points wasted.

    High reaver can AOE Master of the abyss, soul sickness, and creeping death for some HEAVY HPS, while doing some pretty nice DPS and shroud of entropy is crazy better than impassible guard (ie spells and physical instead of just physical).

    Aftermath Revival!

  2. #12
    Slayer of Nergins Since 1984
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,108
    Character
    Gaige is
    Guild
    Server
    a ******

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    I agree that the Paladin some laughable items, but I wont make full judgement until 50 and 66 points to mesh together. Im very happy with my 32 points I have in Paladin though and wont be putting any more in it at my current rate, the rest will go into Reaver and a smidge into Warlord for the extra block if I feel I can get it without missing out on something else.
    Last edited by Gaige; 10-09-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Because it annoys Tristerin so much <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Stonestrong View Post
    I'm going to guess on the corner of parent's basement and virgin avenue?

  3. #13
    Nub Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,136
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Why on earth would you take small arms spec over defender? Auto attack means nothing in this game.
    Cause it gives me an extra 1 DPS. It's all about the DPS.

    Actually, pretty certain it's all damage, not just Auto Attack.

    EDIT: All damage that relies on weapon damage (e.g. melee abilities, the block proc, etc)
    Slightly retarded some of the time. Completely the rest.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,126
    Character
    Cami
    Guild
    Server
    -

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    the etc there for paladin isnt very long, especially for ae agro.

  5. #15
    Nub Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,136
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    Right, just Scales of Justice, Sweeping Strike, and Balance of Power (kind of) in terms of AE and Aggressive Block, Pacifying Strike, Disarming Counterblow, Retaliation, and Righteous Blow along with a bunch of abilities from other souls you're using with it.

    But yeah, not many at all.


    EDIT: 31 point ability is modified by weapon damage as well.

    So 3/5 Paladin AEs.
    Slightly retarded some of the time. Completely the rest.

  6. #16
    Berserker Betrayer Betrayer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,651
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyh View Post
    Cause it gives me an extra 1 DPS. It's all about the DPS.

    Actually, pretty certain it's all damage, not just Auto Attack.

    EDIT: All damage that relies on weapon damage (e.g. melee abilities, the block proc, etc)
    Nope, weapon damage is just weapon damage, stuff that increases attack abilitys etc is for skills(see champion for an example). Even if you have a skill that does % of weapon its still so meager for 5 points. Yay for an extra 5 damage a hit?

    Aftermath Revival!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,126
    Character
    Cami
    Guild
    Server
    -

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyh View Post
    Right, just Scales of Justice, Sweeping Strike, and Balance of Power (kind of) in terms of AE and Aggressive Block, Pacifying Strike, Disarming Counterblow, Retaliation, and Righteous Blow along with a bunch of abilities from other souls you're using with it.

    But yeah, not many at all.


    EDIT: 31 point ability is modified by weapon damage as well.

    So 3/5 Paladin AEs.
    hm sorry, in my head half of those were with no weapon damage modifiers, maybe the german ingame translation left it out or i screwed up
    100% or 140% modifiers arent worth it at least until very endgame items imo though.

  8. #18
    Nub Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,136
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Nope, weapon damage is just weapon damage, stuff that increases attack abilitys etc is for skills(see champion for an example). Even if you have a skill that does % of weapon its still so meager for 5 points. Yay for an extra 5 damage a hit?
    Right, weapon damage is weapon damage, which is used in melee abilities. Auto attack damage, as long as they stick to their description convention, is something completely different, look at the Blade Dancer skill that raises Auto attack.

    EDIT:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...specialization

    Some people have supposedly tested it.
    Slightly retarded some of the time. Completely the rest.

  9. #19
    Slayer of Nergins Since 1984
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,108
    Character
    Gaige is
    Guild
    Server
    a ******

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    The real question is, has your mothers uncles brothers monkey tested it, but you refuse to tell us the monkeys name?

    I can haz better racials that way.
    Last edited by Gaige; 10-09-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Because it annoys Tristerin so much <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Stonestrong View Post
    I'm going to guess on the corner of parent's basement and virgin avenue?

  10. #20
    Nub Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,136
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: 22 Solo build

    I can test it and post a vid once servers come back up if you guys want. Figure the forum post was good enough despite the amount of retardness on the official forums.
    Slightly retarded some of the time. Completely the rest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads