Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 170
  1. #11
    Cavalier Puppeteer Mordenkainaen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,026
    Character
    Myself
    Guild
    Forever Alone
    Server
    Someplace

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Alejate View Post
    I wouln't consider a guild that you call "inclusive" putting messages that are deragatory towards other sexual orientations. That is the entire purpose of my post. Bane is discriminatory based on the recruitment post of Hilda. Nothing more - nothing less.

    Joke or not, it isn't cool and spreads the wrong message about our community. The LGBT community needs to be known as an entity that is ALL inclusive and doesn't bash others or call them offensive names. This is about setting the right image for the LGBT community. Bane clearly needs to take a lesson from the library of political correctness.

    I am going to say it now, if anyone else from Bane tries to defend calling straight people "Breeders", don't post. You are speaking for the entire LGBT community on a public forum and that is reprehensible.
    I think if you are seeking a sterile level of political correctness in a guild, you would have been bothered by some of the tomfoolery going on in guild chat.

    BTW, I'm not here as a representative of Bane. I used to be in the guild, but I don't play EQ2 anymore and haven't in quite some time. I was never an officer or a recruiter. I haven't talked to anyone from Bane since I left. I did leave a post on their forums letting them know this thread was here (I don't know if many of them read Flames outside class discussions), and I hope to see some kind of official response at some point. They are entirely free to say, "Ignore Mord, he's just being a dick." They are entirely free to say, "Disregard Hilda, he's a jerk." They are also entirely free to tell you to chillax a bit and direct you to Hello Kitty Island.

    I don't speak for Bane, I don't speak for the entire LGBT community, and I definitely don't like your "don't bother posting" attitude you suddenly have. What I tried to provide was my own positive experience with the guild and ask whether it was a misunderstanding. My opinion is not the official stance of Bane, and maybe not everyone in Bane's leadership will come to an agreement or see things the way either of us see it. Either way, what is more reprehensible is you trying to shut down any more opinions or comments that are contrary to what you want to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deson View Post
    Just remember, lawyers are always trying to fuck you. In this case it may be literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezzy358 View Post
    but it looks like I was ok with the whole thing as long as I got to hold my bunny and pick flowers.

  2. #12
    February 20th, 2012 Soulforged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,879
    Character
    Svartalf
    Guild
    Server
    unrest

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    If this needed to be talked about at all on the forums, it should be a RaR on hilda, not a your guild sucks on bane.

    blah blah blah recruitment officers are responsible spreading guild ideology to applicants blah blah blah

    when i was in bane all they knew of me was straight male, I got along fine with everyone, and I would be very surprised if it's so drastically changed to banning hetero people from the guild.

    You could have tried doing the non-retarded thing and you know, ask them about it, if that's really the guilds philosophy, before running off screaming uninformed foul.


    On the subject of Breast Implants:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deson
    Fuck. When I'm old, I want a set for myself.
    They'll be nicer than anything natural.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Hello City Island, interesting. That is the exact picture you painted for Bane by calling it a safe haven from the bashing that people receive in non-LGBT guilds. I wish you'd make up your mind on what side of the fence you'd like to defend.

    I'm not going to get into some kind of contest with you. The bottom line is calling out ANYONE based on their sexual orientation is wrong, joke or not. I stand firm that if the word breeder was replaced with fag (or some other gay slur), you wouldn't be trying to defend your position or offering to give that person the benefit of the doubt.

    I think it's oustanding that the game has an LGBT guild, and I was honestly very shocked ( like the other poster ) to learn that it was the largest on Crushbone. I am a recent transfer for LDL and our guild fell apart shotly after with a lot of people transfering to AB with the 12 days of velious campaign. I love that other LGBT folks play online games ( 99% of the people I have ever played with are straight ). I'd like to find a guild to join that is repectful of EVERYONE, not just those that are in alignment with their own personal views.

    I would hope that the leadership of Bane would correct the recruitment message of their guild, and until then I will make it known to my friends that play to never group with anyone from Bane until it is corrected. I have also forwarded a copy of the screen shot to a GM for them to make a decision as to the TOS Sony has implemented towards bashing on grounds of sexual orientation.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulforged View Post
    If this needed to be talked about at all on the forums, it should be a RaR on hilda, not a your guild sucks on bane.

    blah blah blah recruitment officers are responsible spreading guild ideology to applicants blah blah blah

    when i was in bane all they knew of me was straight male, I got along fine with everyone, and I would be very surprised if it's so drastically changed to banning hetero people from the guild.

    You could have tried doing the non-retarded thing and you know, ask them about it, if that's really the guilds philosophy, before running off screaming uninformed foul.

    I have since spoken to another recruiter about the message that Hilda is using. Their response was that it was brought up in an officer section of the bane website and their guild leader, Lace, said she didn't find anything wrong with the message and that nothing would change.

    As per that conversation, this should be a slam against Bane and not just Hilda. I'll see if I can get a copy of the post from the Bane website and post it here as referance.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Since I have spoken to this other officer / recruiter in Bane and let them know about this post, they have offered me the "official response" from their guild leader. Here is that post directly from the Bane website.

    We prolly all know who this is and guess what its been that way for a year or more, and I feel uncomfortable askign anyone to change their personal recruiting message if it is as such. Heck my own personal message says .... Theres only 2 things that come from Norrath Steers and Queers .. I don't see any horns on you boy. (this is with a cow picture as the image)

    Bane is 75-80% gay etc .. that is our thing .. our niche etc .. while I understand that what you meant, is that a particular message may paint us a certain way to a str8 person, if they are that easily the type to criticize based on recruting messages, well they may really not have been applying to the correct guild in the first place. Far more colorful terms and speech are found in guild chat.

    Sure the easy thing is to ask someone to change their message but this same thign happened to Manesinger your other guild leader. Soe said please change your recruitment message from saying ... I am a slick lesbian that can slide you into the guild the right way. .... They said the word slide was offensive and made her change it.
    And dont get me wrong got exes with kids friends with kids .. heck friday night I slept in my ex gf's grandaughters bed cause I hung out with her and stuff and she asked me to stay. Its not about folks with kids, least I dont see the term that way .... we get called faggots, gays, queers, . they are just hetero's breeders etc .. if those terms don't have slanderous meaing in the real word why should breeders be seen so negatory by a str8 person.

    I will not condone asking someone to take the word breeder out of their vocabulary. Yall can discuss this .. but I won't back it at first glance

  6. #16
    Cavalier Puppeteer Mordenkainaen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,026
    Character
    Myself
    Guild
    Forever Alone
    Server
    Someplace

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Alejate View Post
    Hello City Island, interesting. That is the exact picture you painted for Bane by calling it a safe haven from the bashing that people receive in non-LGBT guilds. I wish you'd make up your mind on what side of the fence you'd like to defend.

    I'm not going to get into some kind of contest with you. The bottom line is calling out ANYONE based on their sexual orientation is wrong, joke or not. I stand firm that if the word breeder was replaced with fag (or some other gay slur), you wouldn't be trying to defend your position or offering to give that person the benefit of the doubt.

    I think it's oustanding that the game has an LGBT guild, and I was honestly very shocked ( like the other poster ) to learn that it was the largest on Crushbone. I am a recent transfer for LDL and our guild fell apart shotly after with a lot of people transfering to AB with the 12 days of velious campaign. I love that other LGBT folks play online games ( 99% of the people I have ever played with are straight ). I'd like to find a guild to join that is repectful of EVERYONE, not just those that are in alignment with their own personal views.

    I would hope that the leadership of Bane would correct the recruitment message of their guild, and until then I will make it known to my friends that play to never group with anyone from Bane until it is corrected. I have also forwarded a copy of the screen shot to a GM for them to make a decision as to the TOS Sony has implemented towards bashing on grounds of sexual orientation.
    Ok, enough playing nice. That is "Hello Kitty Island", and that is where you belong. I haven't changed positions. Know what side of the fence I'm on? I'm on the side that thinks you are being a whiny little cunt.

    You are being a pissy little drama queen. Had you ever taken the time to get off your high horse and join the guild, or at least group with some Bane folks, or hell even talk to any of them, you would know the guild is not the anti-straight demon you're trying to make them out to be. Instead you had to take one lulzy recruitment message and blow it all out of proportion by crying here and to a GM that your feelings were hurt. Boo fuckin' hoo.

    I'm not at all surprised at this message from Bane to suck it up and deal with it. Like I said, if you are looking for some kind of pristine sterile politically correct guild, you are NOT gonna find it here. Maybe its a good thing you didn't join them. You would have shit your pants and burned your innocent little virgin eyeballs from guild chat within 5 minutes. Sorry your cute little dream of people holding hands and singing Kumbaya just got shattered.

    Your beef is with Hilda's message, not some overarching ideology of Bane's. This isn't some huge conspiracy by Bane against breeders. (Hah. I said it. Breeders. Are you hurt?). If you want, go learn the proper way to make yourself look like a whiner and RaR Hilda. Do it, it'll be fun. From how I remember Hilda, he'll probably tell you to QQ more and bend over so he can help with that butthurt of yours.

    Welcome to Flames, you little bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deson View Post
    Just remember, lawyers are always trying to fuck you. In this case it may be literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezzy358 View Post
    but it looks like I was ok with the whole thing as long as I got to hold my bunny and pick flowers.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Someone at Bane is now telling me that you left that guild, Mor. They said you talked in v/c and people constantly refered to you as a girl. That you lied about your age and got so frustrated with everyone making fun of you that you left the game.

    Now you are here defending it. Could you be running short on your meds, certainly seems like it from you getting so upset over a post about a guild that you quit because your feelings got hurt? Wow. LOL

  8. #18
    February 20th, 2012 Soulforged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,879
    Character
    Svartalf
    Guild
    Server
    unrest

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Alejate View Post
    Since I have spoken to this other officer / recruiter in Bane and let them know about this post, they have offered me the "official response" from their guild leader. Here is that post directly from the Bane website.

    Where on their website?


    On the subject of Breast Implants:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deson
    Fuck. When I'm old, I want a set for myself.
    They'll be nicer than anything natural.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Guild
    Server

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulforged View Post
    Where on their website?
    I was told it was in their officer / sr. member section. Go check it out for yourself and verify what I posted

  10. #20
    February 20th, 2012 Soulforged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,879
    Character
    Svartalf
    Guild
    Server
    unrest

    Default Re: Bane on Crushbone - Discrimination

    So you're making unproven second or third hand, or more, claims.


    On the subject of Breast Implants:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deson
    Fuck. When I'm old, I want a set for myself.
    They'll be nicer than anything natural.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Sponsor Ads